STOP

Options
Just a note for everyone, if you are eating something and don't like it, STOP EATING!! I made a cheesecake for my son's birthday and screwed up big time. It really wasn't that good. But, we all ate in anyhow. WHY? What a waste of calories. I think the birthday boy was the only one who didn't eat all of the cheesecake. Poor kid, his birthday dessert was a flop.

Replies

• badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Collaborate and Listen?
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Hah ... yes. Calories are too precious to be wasted on food that doesn't either taste good or have some quality nutrition :D
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I almost did that with my dinner tonight. I didn't realize I had got the "lettuce and herb" blend not just lettuce. It had a ton of cilantro and that taste gets way overwhelming for me! I kept eating it though because I didn't really have anything else to do with my chicken....but I guess eating lettuce you don't like is a little different then cake..
  • Maxingtonbear
    Maxingtonbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have just recently started really understanding how sacred taste is!
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I know I have the same problem. I finish things that I am just "over" taste wise, even if it is supposed to be a treat. I am trying to be more conscious, but sometimes the ingrained habits of not wasting food pushes me through before I notice. Sorry your cheesecake went awry!
  • mysongislove930
    mysongislove930 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Collaborate and Listen?

lol!
    But yes! This is great advice. And also, we shouldn't eat when we're not hungry! Bored, stressed, or emotional eating are wasted calories, too!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Collaborate and Listen?

HILARIOUS!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've been guilty of this myself! Awesome advice!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I almost did that with my dinner tonight. I didn't realize I had got the "lettuce and herb" blend not just lettuce. It had a ton of cilantro and that taste gets way overwhelming for me! I kept eating it though because I didn't really have anything else to do with my chicken....but I guess eating lettuce you don't like is a little different then cake..

Yes :D Eating veggies you don't like, at least you can console yourself with "Hey I'm getting some fiber and nutrients."
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So true! And I know at work sometimes I will be offered food and I will politely decline because I am mentally calculating and realizing it is too many calories for too little enjoyment. I don't spend my money on something that's not worth it; I don't "spend" my calories on things that are not worth it either. Well, not too often, lol.
  • KRFinLeth
    KRFinLeth Posts: 22
    Options
    Great advice! I learned this years ago with turkey of all things. Had always convinced myself it's the same as chicken but as I payed attention to my taste buds I realized, hey, it's not and I don't like it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hammertime.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't eat foods you don't enjoy. :) This is why I end up eating days worth of calories in cookies and ice cream instead of healthy veggies. If I ate healthy I might just starve.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Collaborate and Listen?
    LMAO! I had that EXACT reaction when I saw the title to this post :-)
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been working on this exact thing lately!
  • capturingsmiles
    Options
    A great reminder!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Hammertime.

Winner!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree. Don't eat if you're not hungry unless you are low on nutrition. Especially don't eat junk food.
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    for me it was "hammer time" and yeah i made salty rice te other day and tried to eat it but couldnt XD