wheat bran instead of flour?

Options
mckant
mckant Posts: 217 Member
Can I use wheat bran instead of flour? I'm trying to make a veggie pancake I found on Shine Food. They call for a 1/4 cup of white flour (along with 3 cups of grated veggies and 2 egg whites) but I was thinking about trying the wheat bran instead. I'm not much of a cook, though, and I have no idea if this will work or not. Thanks!

Replies

• mckant
    Options
    I really want to try these tonight :smile: Can anyone help, please?
  • Melalina
    Melalina Posts: 26
    Options
    In a word, yes. You'll need to do a little research on the exact amounts to sub for, though. Different types of flour and brans create gluten at different rates (bleached vs. unbleached, cake flour vs. all-purpose, etc). You probably can't do a cup-for-cup substitution, but surely there's a website out there that can calculate the exchange for you. Good luck!!!
  • mckant
    Options
    In a word, yes. You'll need to do a little research on the exact amounts to sub for, though. Different types of flour and brans create gluten at different rates (bleached vs. unbleached, cake flour vs. all-purpose, etc). You probably can't do a cup-for-cup substitution, but surely there's a website out there that can calculate the exchange for you. Good luck!!!

Thank you!