I have over 600 cals left, not sure what to have for a snack

Options
2»

Replies

• Here_I_Am
    Here_I_Am Posts: 44
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I have been doing weight watchers forever and am trying this out to see if I will succeed at finally losing this weight.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this often. I sit down at the end of the night to finish my diary only to see a huge number left. I DO NOT eat back calories I exercised away because that just doesn't make sense to me but just meeting my normal calorie goal can be a struggle. I know it is important but if I'm not hungry then why eat? Mindless eating is what I am trying to teach myself NOT to do!

Exactly. It's not a daily thing, but I'm not going to snack on food I don't really want to meet a calorie goal because I'm drastically under. So frustrating.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This is what I do I put in all my meals and snacks along with my supplements. Than at the end of the evening around dinner time I add in my exercise. This seems to help me for then I don’t go over most of the time. Either way I am still eating back my exercise calories I am just not adding them in early for when I did that I felt like I had to eat them back. This way it keeps me on track a little more for then when I go over I go over if that makes sense.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Some say that will slow your metabolism down if you don't eat your calories. Your body gets used to not getting those calories back. I'm not sure. Personally I would definitely not go below 1200. i would eat a quick 300 calories of protein. I find it hard to reach my calories too. I am a little lethargic some days so I'm gonna make it a point to distribute a few more calories each small meal I eat and see what happens.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Thats 1/2 the days worth. Be careful to eat enough so you don't go into starvation mode :-) Also, eat at least some of your exercize calories.
    No one goes into starvation mode from 1 day, or even 1 week.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    3500 calories = 1 pound. To loose one pound a week, cut 500 calories a day from your BMR. MFP figures your BMR for you and gives you the magic number to eat. If it gives you exercise calories, you are allowed to eat them, because it has held back the calories you need to not eat too loose the weight or you have burned more than you have taken in. For example, today I burned 2692 calories, but I only ate approx. 1800 (my goal is 2 pounds a week or 1000 calories a day). You want to be within 100-200 calories of your daily caloric goal (but always at 1200)...even though that seems like too much food for weight loss.