Elliptical

Options
ok so my doctor says I need to start getting more exercise cause mainly I'm just getting fat. I'll blame my meds instead of all those late night snacks ;) anywho...my husband got me an elliptical a while back and its basically just kind of sat there and became a coat rack....Well, I got a wild hair today and decide to actually remove all the crap that was piled on it and use it...I just have one question....how accurate is the calorie burning thingy on it...surely I didn't actually burn 1008 calories....yeah thats right 1008! Can't be right, it know how hard I was working but it doesn't know how much I weigh or how tall I am or even if I'm male or female...Soooo...any idea of how much of that I can actually say I burned today?

I'm GOING to lose 30lbs....so if there is anyone out there near Ft Jackson, SC that would like to workout and has access to the gyms on post please let me know...I'm in need of some motivation badly!

~TD

Replies

• demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    ok so my doctor says I need to start getting more exercise cause mainly I'm just getting fat. I'll blame my meds instead of all those late night snacks ;) anywho...my husband got me an elliptical a while back and its basically just kind of sat there and became a coat rack....Well, I got a wild hair today and decide to actually remove all the crap that was piled on it and use it...I just have one question....how accurate is the calorie burning thingy on it...surely I didn't actually burn 1008 calories....yeah thats right 1008! Can't be right, it know how hard I was working but it doesn't know how much I weigh or how tall I am or even if I'm male or female...Soooo...any idea of how much of that I can actually say I burned today?

I'm GOING to lose 30lbs....so if there is anyone out there near Ft Jackson, SC that would like to workout and has access to the gyms on post please let me know...I'm in need of some motivation badly!

~TD
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    Ekk how long were you on it for? I would go with what MFP has under excercise, cardio. I want to say 30 mins is just under 400 cals.
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    I did 45 minutes....the resistance started at 3 and when to 10 and then back down. I think my elliptical only goes up to level 10. I think I will take your advice and just use what my fitness pal has. Thanks for responding!

~Toni :flowerforyou:
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Sounds like my elliptical. I usually go by about 200-300 calories per 30 min. Good luck!