My very happy NSV!!

Options
My hubby and I are renewing our vows in 3 weeks. We got married 6 years ago, on a whim.... we only knew eachother for about 2 months and decided it would be funny if we got married. After that I had to go back to Canada and wait out my immigration visa. I had our daughter up there while I was waiting. Because my hubby has 2 DUI's (and subsequently does not drink) he was not allowed in Canada, and I wasnt allowed in the states, because they thought I would try to illegally immigrate (fools)... so for 3 and a half years we waited, like 2 lost souls we waited... talking on the phone and skyping for 3 looooooong years.

Well, about 6 months ago my dad surprised us with plane tickets to visit him, I was born and raised in South Africa, and haven't seen him in 7 years. ( I should explain this too, I moved to Canada with my mom, and lived there for 8 years until I met my hubby).

Well, because my hubby and I got married on a whim, none of my family was able to make it, it really broke my dads heart, because Im his only child, and daughter at that... So my wonderful hubby came up to me 2 months ago and said "I really think we should renew our vows when we go to South Africa, in front of your whole family, lets do it all again, as if it was the first time".

Needless to say, after gaining 35lbs since the family last saw me, this put me into panic mode, as I didnt fit into my gorgeous wedding dress anymore!

Well Im pleased to say that today, I went for a fitting and my size 16 wedding dress that didnt fit, had to be taken into a size 12!!! :D I cried and did a happy dance, while the seamstress looked at me like I was crazy!! Sorry for the long story, but I needed to explain why this was soooooo desperately important to me!

Another sort of NSV I had today... I FINALLY weigh less than my hubby!!!

*Patting self on back!*

Replies

• bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yay, that's awesome!
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Way to go!! That's an awesome NSV! Oh and congrats also on the wedding anniversary :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Great NSV and heartwarming story! Love the dedication between you and your husband. May you live happily ever after!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! I think my face is going to crack with all this grinning!! I havent been this happy in ages... and I still have 30 to go!! Somehow it doesnt seem like mount everest anymore!
  • stephstar15
    stephstar15 Posts: 125
    Options
    that is a great NSV. Have an incredible wedding day.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    A wonderful NSV! I wish you a beautiful wedding and a long, happy, healthy life together!
  • KristysGonnaGetFit
    KristysGonnaGetFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!