Work in a restaurant - can't control myself! And sugar addic

Options
I work part time in a restaurant and my biggest obstacle in weight loss is eating at work. There are always fries, chips, cookies, pastries around and I can't resist them! I go in to work with the mind set that I'm only going to eat my usual salad for dinner, but I can never stick to it :( Anyone else in the restaurant industry that has any advice?!

I also have a really hard time resisting sweets in general! I work out often and can stay within my calorie goal for meals, but when sweets are around, usually on the weekends, I can't help myself!

Please give me your advice to resist eating at work and resisting sweets!

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I used to be ADDICTED to sweets-cupcakes,pastries,donuts,plain frosting by the god-damn spoonful...

The best method, especially if you are tempted everyday by them, is to quit over a period of time. Start keeping track of your sweets. Then cut down every week. Switch to lowfat yogurt with splenda or honey mixed in instead of your go-to junk snack. You'd be surprised once your tongue is free from addiction to super-sugary junk how good simple snacks taste :]

The biggest trigger to sweets for me was carbs-I rarely eat pasta or bread anymore, and only have cake once a week, and always under my calorie limit. Your salad may also not be enough, does it have protein from meat and cheese? My favorite salad is spinach with chicken, mandarin oranges, pecans or almonds, strawberries, pears, avocado, and poppyseed dressing. Very sweet, but very balanced!