Whey Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    There are so many things you can do with whey protien, I added it to waffle mix to offset all the carbs. My fav recipe is banana whey, PB2 peanut butter powder, ice and Silk vanilla soy milk. Tastses just like a butter finger milkshake

That sounds sooo good! I'll have to try it!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It took me a few tries to find a shake I really enjoy. (Biox all natural with stevia). Now I mix it with whatever fruit I have frozen. Bananas, mango, strawberry etc. One for breakfast and maybe another later in the day keeps me full and satisfies my sweet and cream urges, and brings my protein numbers up for the day.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    It took me a few tries to find a shake I really enjoy. (Biox all natural with stevia). Now I mix it with whatever fruit I have frozen. Bananas, mango, strawberry etc. One for breakfast and maybe another later in the day keeps me full and satisfies my sweet and cream urges, and brings my protein numbers up for the day.

I haven't tried a shake with it yet, I just used milk and gave it a good shake and drank it like that. I can't wait to try a shake, I have to find a blender I like first! The one I wanted the store was out of, so I'm going to see what they have this weekend when I go grocery shopping :)
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Definately need a blender. Adding fruit helps my sweet tooth too.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Why just drink your whey? I got this from Scooby on You Tube, I made them and I added and changed a few things but they are awesome. I substituted chocolate Almond milk for the fat free, and I added shaved almonds.

Each bar costs about 60 cents and contains:
    260 calories
    35g protein
    21g carbs
    15% calories from good fat

Ingredients (makes 13 bars):

Metric Imperial
    100% natural protein powder 400g 14 ounces
    Organic rolled oats 200g 7 ounces
    Fat-free milk (not low-fat) 180ml 3/4 cup
    Natural peanut butter 100g 3 ounces
    Organic honey 100g 3 ounces
    Cocoa powder 30g 1 ounce
    Organic ground Flax as required

I'm not making this up, this recipe is as fun to make as it is to eat. No cooking, no cutting, and it's not that critical that you measure things. In short, it's something that even I can make! You don't need any kitchen gadgets, just a big mixing bowl. You don't even need a kitchen to make these, you can do it in your dorm room if you want!

OK, ready for the instructions? It's pretty complicated!

Dump everything in a bowl and squish it together with your hands. Only put about half the milk in to start and only add milk enough to wet the ingredients, it should be like concrete, not batter. Do NOT use a spoon, you will break it.
    Roll dough in your hands to make 13 hot dog shaped bars. To keep the dough from sticking to your hands, wash them first then wet them with cold water or cover them with a little olive oil.
    Roll them in ground flax
    Put in refrigerator
    Store them in a covered container in the refrigerator, they keep a week. You can also store them covered in your freezer, they keep for months there!

No more excuses for not eating healthy on the go, at work, or at school!!!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like to put chocolate whey powder in my steel cut oats in the morning along with some raspberries. Chocolate, raspberry oatmeal, yummy!