A "soup of a can" question

Options
kj6485
kj6485 Posts: 4 Member
Alright, so when I eat canned soup, I only eat the "stuff" and always leave the broth behind. I record in my diary as eating the entire can, I suppose that gives me *somewhat* less sodium? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It does, but I don't think there is a way to know exactly how many less calories, and less sodium you are getting...
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    LOL, never heard of anyone doing that,
    Hee.
    Yes, it would reduce your sodium intake... by how much, who knows.
    If sodium is something you track and are concerned about, I would make your own soup instead. Then you have control over it.
    Or buy the Low Sodium versions.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat the broth either...mainly because I don't like it... I am more of a chunky soup or stew kind of gal.
    That being said, I agree...you probably are consuming less sodium but I don't think you cuold ever judge how much. Your best bet is to make your own home made soups. I try to do this on Sundays...I get a chunky vegetable soup cooking up a storm in my crock pot. I can freeze most of it in seperate containers and grab and go for work. This way you know exactly what you are consuming. :)
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the same dilemma. I love the Progresso Soups but they are loaded with Sodium.
    I usually log the full can as well.