Women's Issue

Options
Has any other women had this problem. I had a child 13 months ago and sat on my toosh The whole pregnancy. I had one cycle after I had him then stopped for 10 months. With in 5 days of excercise and eating right I started again. I was told I had polycistic ovarian syndrome. I think if I had it I wouldn't have started in such a short time after a lifestyle change.... right??

Replies

• joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    Has any other women had this problem. I had a child 13 months ago and sat on my toosh The whole pregnancy. I had one cycle after I had him then stopped for 10 months. With in 5 days of excercise and eating right I started again. I was told I had polycistic ovarian syndrome. I think if I had it I wouldn't have started in such a short time after a lifestyle change.... right??
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I sat on my duff the whole pregnancy as well with the exception of hiking around my college campus to get to and from classes... then I later chased around 3 girls for the summer. But I never did any intentional exercise and gained a crapload of weight. I was put on regular birth control when I quit nursing and was normal. I missed a few pills and went off of it so I could wait for my next cycle to start again... and I waited... and waited... and waited. 25 pregnancy tests and 65 days later, I started MFP and exercising. It took me two weeks of healthy eating and exercise and I got my cycle. I have never been told I have PCOS but I know for a fact that I have endometriosis. I've suspected PCOS on top of the endo., however, I have never pressed the issue because clomid worked for having my daughter and beyond that, I didn't care at the time. I didn't start out exercising really hard, just a few days a week for 20-30 minutes and then I amped it up in my second week. Not sure if this answers your question or not! But that's what happened to me! :flowerforyou:
  • joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    I didn't have insurance at the time so I went to the health department. All they did was take blood and said oh look what you have. I took it to heart and did nothing about it. They didn't do anyother tests other than take blood. I have been pretty healthy cosidering I sat around. I went from about 150 to 250 with my pregnancy.