coffee

2»

Replies

• doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    I have gone from coffee with powdered creamer and Splenda to no whitener and a squirt of sweetener. My new love is Agave Nectar. One TBS = 60 calories. It is low glycemic so does not cause "sugar buzz." I just use a squirt in my morning coffee and a squirt in my oatmeal. I have gauged it and found that I rarely go over the whole TBS in an entire day of squirts. :)
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Isn't hurt m weight loss at all-- mm, I have a pot brewing right now. I need my coffee. I CAN drink t black but I like it to be delicious and abou set aside some calories for sugar free creamer. I anything coffee keeps thing moving, I you know what I mean.

If your black coffee isn't delicious, then buy better quality coffee. Good coffee doesn't need flavorings, cheap coffee does. It's like any other food.

What kind do you recommend?

....my "autocorrect" is to blame for that spelling disaster of a post, I can't even look at it.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    I'd give up my right arm before I gave up my coffee. Not even a little bit kidding. I make one half pot in the morning and it's alllll miiiine. Then thats it, no more caffeine the rest of the day. Clears the cobwebs out of my head and I need them gone to make healthy food choices! :drinker:
  • jsbpitch
    jsbpitch Posts: 19 Member
    Gave up coffee for lent and have been struggling to keep calorie count down every day! I've tried replacing it with tea... anyone have any other ideas?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    A couple cups a day is ok as long as you are not putting tons of flavoring in it. Also drink 1 extra cup of water for every cup. It is a diuretic.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Coffee really doesn't seem to affect weight loss for me. I drink it black, so it adds only a couple of calories per cup. Like yourself, I'm an avid drinker of about 3-6 cups a day. I try to alternate between regular and decaf because I get breast tenderness otherwise. It doesnt' really keep me up at night, either... doesn't matter when I drink it.

Shannon
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    A couple cups a day is ok as long as you are not putting tons of flavoring in it. Also drink 1 extra cup of water for every cup. It is a diuretic.
    tigerpalm.jpg

WATER is a diuretic. There's no reason to drink extra water on top of coffee, which is 99% water already. That's just silly, and a waste of water. People need to learn what the word diuretic really means before they start tossing it around.