People with *lots* to loose!

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Helen and I live in Wolverhampton (originally from Sussex). I'm 41 years old, married and have 2 boys - a 15 year old and a 2 year old so at the toddler and teenage stage - eek!

I have lots of weight to loose. Before I fell pregnant with my youngest, my hubby and I lost nearly 3st each but have slowly put it (and more) on since the birth.

I am completely out of will power and umph so need to find that.

I'd love to talk to anyone but need to know that I'm not the only person who has got to a stupid weight.

Love

Helen x

Replies

• paula29102
    paula29102 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen I am Paula and I have an insane amount to lose as well. I am just into my third week. I have two boys, 11 and 8, and a 2 year old girl. I am in South Carolina. You are not alone out there I promise! I am trying so hard to stay on track. Good Luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    hi Helen and welcome

I am Tracy, I live in York and I am 36, I need to lose 5 / 6 stone, I also have a 14, 12, 5 and 3 year old,

feel free to add me as a friend
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello, my names Shawna I am 20 years old and I have about 64 more pounds to lose until my first goal..I prolly have about 85 more pounds untill I am done with my weight loss.
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    hi, i had 7 stone to lose and i'm more than halfway there now, you can do it! x
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Jules, I've just joined up at the weekend (my best friend is doing this too), have done the whole weight watchers thing and get bored with their happy clappy ness as the meeting I went to never ever actually supplied me with the support I needed once I hit the inevitable plateaus! So, I've got about 6-7 stone to lose, currently living in Nottingham but moving to Canada in a couple of months so want a good kick start before everything changes! Am also looking for friends on here so we can try to keep each other motivated - please feel free to come and whinge to me when it's not going as well as it should be!!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hello, my names Shawna I am 20 years old and I have about 64 more pounds to lose until my first goal..I prolly have about 85 more pounds untill I am done with my weight loss.

Shawna....I just peeked at your before/current pics. WOW! You have done a great job! and look FABULOUS!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am 43 with 100 lbs (or about 7 stone I believe) to loose. I am a former athlete that competed on a national level in jiu-jitsu and judo. (that was pre MMA)

I got here simply by eating junk and doing a job that had me driving 6 hours a day. Get home, mentally worn out, sit on the couch and eat more junk.

Got a different job, got rid of the satellite tv, eating healthy, and trying to exercise regularly (dealing with a knee injury).

You are NOT alone. If you don't have any will power, I will lend you some. Just reach down into my bucket of will power and take what you need. I may come asking to borrow some one day. :tongue:
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen! I have about 100 pounds left to lose. I am not sure how much a stone is. But feel free to add me, I would love to support you on your journey! (And anyone else here as well!)
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello Helen! I am Sam, from Portsmouth in the UK, and my initial goal is 100lb. Feel free to add me as a friend for support. :happy:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me....

Start weight 303.4 (1/1/11)
    Current weight 198.4 (down 105lbs)
    Goal weight 160
    29y/o (for another month - ha) 5'6''

I do not follow a diet. I just started eating very well, and working out 6-7 days a week. I was never athletic but now the gym is my favorite place to be -- if I can do it anyone can!!

Good luck!! :)
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm Sam, 26 for Lincolnshire. I've got 2 kids aged 1 and 2.
    Lost a lot of weight before i got pregnant, then put it all back on. 2 pregnancies in less than 2 years, crazy lol!
    I've got around 5 to 6 stone to lose in total.

Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me if you wish (that goes for anyone else too)

:)
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    I'm Kandace. I'm 24 years old, from Nova Scotia, Canada.

My starting weight was 258.
    My current weight is 196.
    Goal weight = 140 ish? possibly

Any of you ladies can feel free to add me :)
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Hi; I live in Washington State, am 40-something, & have over 140 pounds to lose.
    What makes me unique is that I gained all of the weight from taking Psychiatric drugs, because I have Mental Illness.
    Feel free if you want to add me as a friend...:flowerforyou:
  • Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm from Florida. Started out 320 and am down to 288 lbs. Still lots to lose. I want to get down to 199 lbs and I am well on my way. I still need to lose about 6.5 stone or 89.2 lbs. I have already lost 2.3 stone since January 14. I walk about 2 hours a week. I do about half of the cooking in the house. I don't always eat healthy but I always eat within my calorie goal. My son has lost about a stone and he is 14 years old and doesn't exercise but he is a teenager. My other 4 sons are not losing any weight but then again they aren't over weight in the first place. My wife is skinny and I am losing weight for her as much as I am for myself. I eat small amounts of chocolate and chips (crisps) on occasion but mostly I eat 400 calorie meals until I meet my goal. Look for new recipes. Get your family involved. Stay on MFP every day and read success stories. But most importantly, be patient. I didn't get 320 lbs over night. I won't get to 199 lbs over night either. Search every day for a Non Scale Victory. Pay more attention to how many inches you have lost and how good you look and feel more than how much the scale says you weigh. Check your blood pressure and heart rate after your lose a few pounds. I know you can do it because I am doing it and I have seen others do it.

15313718.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • missmelissav
    Options
    Hello. Just wanted to tell you that it is totally attainable. I lost 122 lbs in a little over a year. That was with pure dedication and persistence. I didn't always have a good day but I kept trying. You can do it!!!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Shawna....I just peeked at your before/current pics. WOW! You have done a great job! and look FABULOUS!

Thank you so much :)
  • tuppertracy
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I'm going to be 40 next month and want to get in shape. I've been doing this for about 2 weks and I love it. I use the food journal faithfully and try to exercise 3 or 4 times a week. I have a really busy work schedule and 3 kids who keep me running. I haven't lost weight yet which has been pretty discouraging. I just keep thinking, I'm eating better food, less food, I'm exercising and feeling better so eventually the weight will come off. Don't expect amazing results right away. Like someone on here said, "It took me years to put this weight on; it's not going to disappear overnight." Good luck, have fun, keep your chin up. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started too and according to he scale this morning I have already lost a lbs. I think having a thing that tracks what you eat is great to hold you accountable. I didnt think I was eating as much as I was.
    You will do great!
  • philly_rack
    Options
    you are definitely not alone in needing to loose lots. I have lost only 12 lbs so far since implementing exercise into my healthier lifestyle. I just joined yesterday and lost .5 lb. My first goal weight is to be down to 145 that means i need to lose 72lbs. I put less in my little ticker thing because i need to see progress or i will get discouraged (if that makes any sense to anyone). I know i can do it and so can you. We can all be an encouragement to each other. Feel free to add me if you would like

18694107.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello! I too have a lot to lose. My name is Simone. I'm 38 and also have a 15 year old and a 2 year old, but I have a soon to be 18 year old :sad: and in a month my twins will be 6. I live in WI, but talk to quite a few in England through FB and babyandbump.com.