5'8" ladies in size 4 or 6, how much do you weigh?

Options
I need some support as I try to add to my motivation. I would like to get down to EU size 38 or 40 which is US 4 or 6 and UK 8 or 10.... I know it depends very much on frame but I would appreciate it if you can share how much you weigh when you are in the sizes above.

I think I used to be about 59-62kg (130-136lb) when I wore size 40 but I am not 100% sure.

Of course pictures would be very much appreciated!

Replies

• debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say what size I am as each brand is so different. I just bought a size 4 skirt and jacket at White House Black Market and I'm 5'8 and 138. I have some 2's from other stores, and 6's from other ones. They are so inconsistent!
  • Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Size 6, 5' 8, 158 lbs here. Body frame is a big factor. I weigh a lot for my size
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and was about 61kg when last I fit into a 38 (Swiss/German size, French or Italian would be smaller cut)...
    I have a size 38 pair of pants hanging on my closet wall for inspiration (bought those when I had just upped to size 40, 10 years ago, never worn them. Now I really want to...)
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I am big boned. When I was in high school (20 years ago) I was 5'8" and weighed @ 145lbs. I was THIN!!! I wore I size 8 or 9 US
    I would love to be 145 again. I'm currently in a size 12 and I'm 196lbs. :/
  • allalone
    allalone Posts: 5
    Options
    When I wore a four I was 130.
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Nicole. I am almost 5'8" and currently weigh 170. I would love to get down to 150 or 145. I think that would put me in a size 6 and I would be so happy! 145 is THIN for me too! Let's do it!:happy:
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Im a size 10 (US 6)

and weigh 65 Kg

My original goal was to be 60Kg and a size 10, I was really surprised when I could fit into that size at this weight

I've got progress pics up on my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/drblythe

Oh and I'm about 5ft 5.

Hope that helps :)
  • emily2tx
    emily2tx Posts: 77
    Options
    I have a pear shape and no boobs, so I am a size 6 and I weigh 133-134lbs typically. (and I am 5'8")
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.75" and almost in a size 6. 8 in some brands, 6 in my favorite jeans. I weight 157, but then I was also a size 6 at 149. I have a large-ish frame.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and at certain places I wear a 6 or a 4 I've even got into a 2 before it really depends. I'm 136 now so usually a size 6 when I get back down to 130 I'm usually a 4.
  • Handbanana06
    Handbanana06 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and in a size 4, 6, or 8 depending on the cut and I fluctuate between 140 and 135. My goal weight is 125 which should make me a consistent size 4
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and CW is 154 on a good day, and I wear a size 6. Have worn a 6 since weighing 159. I lift heavy and think I am smaller, tighter because of that. I have a large frame and wide shoulders so Large or Extra Large tops for my shoulder width and arm length.

Loving my new body at age 42
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    5'10" and wear a US 4 and weigh in the upper 140s.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    So excited to see a ton of other 5'8" ladies. I'm around 145 right now and I wear a 6 or an 8 depending on the store, etc. When I was sick and lost weight (down to 130) my size 6s were falling off of me. I looked sick too at that point, sure I was skinny but it wasn't healthy. I want to get to a steady 140.

13 years ago when I got married I was about the same weight, but all of my clothes were size 8 and size 10. I can take some of the size 10 dresses, lay them on the bed and they're exactly the same size as the size 6 ones I bought last year. Don't tell me that the clothing companies aren't into vanity sizing.
  • TrainerVicki
    TrainerVicki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It does depend on your shape (apple-weight in the middle; pear-weight in the butt/legs), but it also depends on if you do any strength training. If you do, you will weight more, but have a smaller size because muscle is more dense and compact than fat, therefor muscles weighs more than fat. And not only will you be smaller than someone who is the same weight as you, you will be more toned. I didn't see anyone mention that, so I had to put my 2 cents in.
  • emberin
    emberin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Size 6 and 4 at 132. Which I would really like to be again since that's what all my clothes are.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Size 6, 5' 8, 158 lbs here. Body frame is a big factor. I weigh a lot for my size

I agree that body frame and fat:muscle ratio are big factors. I'm 5' 8.75" and I weigh about 165, but people are always surprised when I say I weigh that much and usually guess my weight as around 145-150. Anywho, I'm usually a fairly comfortable 8, but my favorite and best fitting pair of jeans is a size 6 (from GAP and there sizes are just crazy weird), but I've also got a pair of 10s that fit pretty good. My sister is a comfortable size 4 and weighs around 135-140 (she's also 5'8''), but she's got a pretty low body fat %.
  • Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 15 and 5'8". She is a distance runner and weighs 145, but is in terrific shape. She is actually in a size 7 now, but part of that is her wide hip bones.
  • rita74
    rita74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I was 145 I was in a size 8. I can't wait to be back there!
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the lovely responses! From what I gather getting down to a size US4/UK8/EU38 would be close to impossible for me. I can't remember ever being able to fit into that size (except from some special cut clothes) as I have very wide hips and normally my trousers are tight on the hips and huge in the waist... I remember wearing tops in size 38 easily but then I had no breasts, while now after 2 years of BFing they are still pretty huge (for me at least). I guess I will be aiming for a size EU40 (German, I know French and Italian sizes run small) and see at what weight that puts me. :)