This is What 12 lbs Looks Like

Options
csparon
csparon Posts: 200 Member
Ok, so leave it to my grandma to post pictures of me at my worst, this was before I got my Navy Contract, about 2 months before I joined MyFitnessPal. Back then I would never let this thing touch the internet, but now I am kind of proud because I am 12lbs lighter and the after picture is where I am at today, of course this is not my final after I still have Insanity (on day 18) to finish but this is what I did to qualify myself to join the Navy and this is just the product eating right and moderately exercising (elliptical 30 minutes) 3-4 days a week. I am doing Insanity now that I am lighter and can move around easier, and to make Recruit Training Command a little less difficult for me (physically) - I cannot wait to see my Insanity Results.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o483/courtneylturner/beforeafter.jpg

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    beforeafter.jpg

here's your image :) need [ i m g] URL [ / i m g] without all the spaces:)

You look great! Congrats!
  • csparon
    Options
    Thank you! lol I was getting frustrated with it
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Huge difference with 12 pounds! WOW! :love: Congrats!
  • csparon
    Options
    Huge difference with 12 pounds! WOW! :love: Congrats!

Thank you! :smile:
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    You look AWESOME! Good luck!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look really good!
  • Superkraut1
    Superkraut1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! Believe it or not but it is harder to keep the weight off once you are in the Navy then it is before you get in so stick with it. Good luck with the Navy, I am approaching my nine year mark in a few months. You get what out of it what you put into it. Congrats again.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, mere words can not tell you how encouraging and inspirational this post/seeing your before and after pics are!

You're rocking this thang! WTG
  • csparon
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! Believe it or not but it is harder to keep the weight off once you are in the Navy then it is before you get in so stick with it. Good luck with the Navy, I am approaching my nine year mark in a few months. You get what out of it what you put into it. Congrats again.

Thank you! My fiance warned me about that, he told me the food at RTC is actually really good and a lot of people gain weight from it. Anyway, this is a permanent change, I don't ever want to see the 170's again once I get out of them :)
  • csparon
    Options
    Wow, mere words can not tell you how encouraging and inspirational this post/seeing your before and after pics are!

You're rocking this thang! WTG

Thank you! It wasn't a quick loss, but it was worth it. The best part was getting back into these jeans I used to wear when I was in my freshman year of college (before the Freshman 15 hit).

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wanna help each other stay motivated :)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thats you at 174lbs? WOW you look so tiny :) I would think that's like 120 :) you look great though!!!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    no kidding, you look so tiny... how tall are you?
  • csparon
    Options
    no kidding, you look so tiny... how tall are you?

Thank you, most of the weight is in my midsection, this was taken in the morning before I ate much. But I am 5'6 - you are the 3rd person to tell me that I don't look my weight. I work at a Plastic Surgery Center and my boss, the head Surgeon asked me how much I weighed because she knew I was dieting and I said "174" and she goes "I never thought you weighed THAT much", I don't understand it either, my fiance says maybe I am just muscular, but I don't see that because there's still a layer of fat underneath it.
  • csparon
    Options
    Thats you at 174lbs? WOW you look so tiny :) I would think that's like 120 :) you look great though!!!!

Thank you very much! :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    you just are lucky with how you hold weight and how it is on you. You definitely lost lots on your face too. Me i am short 5.2 ft and i have battled trying to loose just 10 lbs which i can['t even seem to do. I carry the weight in my lower belly... if i suck it in, i am happy,lol but once i let it out, it looks terrible..
  • csparon
    Options
    you just are lucky with how you hold weight and how it is on you. You definitely lost lots on your face too. Me i am short 5.2 ft and i have battled trying to loose just 10 lbs which i can['t even seem to do. I carry the weight in my lower belly... if i suck it in, i am happy,lol but once i let it out, it looks terrible..

Boy do I understand sucking it in, I read a quote on Pinterest that said "Suck it up so one day you won't have to suck it in"

I guess it get's evenly distributed, except my face, my face was my first clue that I was really gaining, when I got on the scale last August I about died :embarassed:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    YEA!!!!! 5'6...that's my size--I'm thrilled to see you're my height, makes my joy for you and inspiration for me all the more!!!!
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look totally different! You do NOT look at all around 170. Keep it up girl :)
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    Wow, you look great! I would have guessed you weighed less too. Not a bad problem to have :wink:

I can't say from personal experience but my brother has been in the Navy for 9 years and he's in the best shape of his life. http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293517_2447114054157_1141081773_2929415_897854672_n.jpg What you're doing is awesome!:happy:
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!