how to get your abs and arm muscles to start showing!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    wow OP needs to learn how to turn off the caps lock and work on writing sentences that make sense.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I just got a pm from the OP. I wasn't trying to be hurtful with my remark about caps lock...I was kidding. I tried to give her information as to when I started seeing definition, which was what her question was. I do not think that women in sports bras and spandex shorts are *kitten*, despite the OP's comments. This is a fitness website and pictures in fitness attire seems appropriate to me.

Don't take her total overreaction to heart....you do not look like a *kitten* in your pictures at all. I think she has some serious issues to flip out on you like that. Everyone knows that typing in a chat room in all caps is considered yelling and I don't give a rat's *kitten* what her day job is....she had no right whatsoever to speak to you like that. It was super low class and out of line.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Spray tan. You have to be really good at it, though, and make sure just spray the lines you want to show up. Or use a sharpie for noticeable definition or some watercolor paint for more subtle results, although that would probably wash off too easily.

Otherwise? Just work hard and be patient.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    BUMP
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When most of the fat is gone, then they show.......
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    When your bodyfat levels are low enough. I'll tell you first hand I've never met anyone who had a 6 pack or chisled arms who DIDN'T do some serious weight training along with cardio. If you're concentrating mostly on cardio based exercise, it's going to be really hard to get that 6 pack and the arms. Cardio based exercise programs have a tendency to burn lean muscle tissue which is why it's good to have a combination of both a good strength and cardio exercise program together. And I'm not talking the "pink dumbells" for doing squats with!!! Lift some heavy *kitten* weights!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

YES 10000000000%.
  • KeishaK89
    KeishaK89 Posts: 40
    Options
    I think using a sharpie is the best advice of all LOL:laugh:
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    WELL CURRENTLY I AM 22.1 PERCENT BODY FAT AND I AM 5'3 WHEN I STARTED I WAS 25.4 BODY FAT AND I AM USING 5 LBS STEEL WEIGHTS BUT I HAVE 10 LBS STEEL WEIGHTS

FOR MY BIRTHDAY IM GETTING A WEIGHT SYSTEM, SO THEN WILL I TELL AND PROTEIN ?

SHOULD I BE DRINKING PROTEIN SHAKES OR WHAT?
    Go heavier. 10s are the lightest I use and I have very weak arms. I use 15 and 20s also and I just started 2 weeks ago.
    Protein comes in many forms so it really doesn't matter how you get it in, just some form of lean protein and lots of it.
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    before you do every Fitness DVD under the sun think about this.

I LOL'd. Just join a gym - doing jumping jacks in your living room isn't going to get you "ripped" ;) If money is an issue, join a no-frills gym for 20-30/month; you don't need to pay $150 for Equinox to get results.

Tons of great responses, advice, and articles BTW!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    I think using a sharpie is the best advice of all LOL:laugh:
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Spray tan. You have to be really good at it, though, and make sure just spray the lines you want to show up. Or use a sharpie for noticeable definition or some watercolor paint for more subtle results, although that would probably wash off too easily.

<running to get a sharpie> :laugh:
  • Tadpole666
    Tadpole666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Be careful of the advice offered here. Most people don't know what they are talking about and only regurgitate what they've read somewhere.

Few are qualified to start giving massive advice on specific exercises or nutritional plans and what you should or shouldn't be eating.

It all depends on your goals. Ripped for you might mean looking nice, toned and slim in a evening dress to someone else it could mean body builder style.

In general though to look ripped you need a low body fat percentage, which it seems you have. 1% is very low indeed. Be sure that you are not too low. Only you can tell that one. Secondly for muscle to show muscle needs to be there in the first place. To achieve muscle you need to do some kind of resistance training that is right for you and support that demand with a tweak in your diet to give your body the protein it needs to build a bit more muscle and repair effectively.

Be very careful about 'lifting big' and drowning yourself in whey protein etc. Many people that would advise that do so to make themselves sound macho.

Lastly be careful not to obsess. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with you as you are.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    before you do every Fitness DVD under the sun think about this.

like the posters say. 80% diet 20% gym

get down to 10% BF or under will show.

Eat in a moderate deficit
    1g protein per lb LBM
    .35 - .45 g fat per lb of Body weight
    Work out 3 x per week - lifting heavy

Start lifting HEAVY. Deadlifts and squats.

check this clip out look at the physique of a women deadlifting heavy (2xBW) http://youtu.be/gujO4xYSAdo

good luck.

FYI: a woman should not go below 10% BF%, women have a higher fat content and have between 10 and 13% essential fat. A woman at 15% fat will be like a guy at 8%ish.
  • irenephillip824
    Options
    You have to have muscles in order for them to show, which means lifting heavy and eating protein.
    [/quote]
    I second this.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    ..and don't call other women *kitten*..

Does that lower bf%? I guess I can skip the gym today then!:laugh:
  • CoryIda
    Options

<--- See? I'm getting pretty good with a sharpie.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

<--- See? I'm getting pretty good with a sharpie.

Wow... great job with the shading!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    OP, if you're still reading this, the gym on eglin used to be half way decent. i was there years ago and that's where my ex and i worked out.

starting lifting heavier weights. and not 10 lbs.

good luck!!
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi guys and gals, this topic has been locked due to the numerous MyFitnessPal guideline violations. Please continue to post on our site and have fun, but please make sure you are following the guidelines. If you need a refresher here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

*This post can be deleted at any time at our discretion.
This discussion has been closed.