What did I do wrong?

Options
13»

Replies

• laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In kickboxing class she'll occasionally throw in what we call the "toilet routine" - getting up off the toilet the day or two afterward is painful! Going down steps is painful. The culprit is an abundance of squats and lunges and similar moves.

Agree with lots of the advice - drink water, warm epsom salt bath (definitely) can be helpful, and take it easy on the lunges and squats - no weights with them until you get them down if you haven't been doing them at all prior to the tape. And as much as you may want to not do anything, lightly exercising will help it pass more quickly - I'm always surprised at how much better it feels. But you know your body so if you have stabbing sharp pains when doing something don't do it!
  • OneSchrutebuck
    Options
    Make sure that you're stretching enough. The stretching that she does at the end of the DVD isn't even close to enough IMO.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    That's what happens when people jump in over their heads. This isn't The Biggest Loser. You are not going to lose 100 pounds in 13 weeks (or however long that series is). You don't have a personal trainer following you around all day. Get real. Start slow and see where you are/how you feel. Then progress at your own pace. I notice a big difference in "advice" here. The younger more active people say "heck, go for it with all ya got", while the older, more experienced people would say "take your time and go at your own pace". Sometimes I worry about the people receiving the advice and hope they don't injure themselves or give themselves a heart attack.

Slow down. :flowerforyou:

This is not necessarily so. The first time I did 30 DS, I had been doing circuit training at Curves five days a week for 30 (or more) minutes, 60 (or more) minutes a day of elliptical, six days a week, and strength training machines two-three days a week. I also walked most days with my boys. I tried 30 DS thinking about how fit I'd gotten. Boy, did Jillian kick my *kitten* hard.

Second time, I thought, sheesh. I've come so far since I've done it the first time. I'm going to kick *kitten*. Boy, did Jillian kick my *kitten* hard.

I am going to begin a round three pretty soon, and I have no problem admitting that she's going to kick my *kitten*. Hard. I'll need that ibuprofen for the first several days. I'll have trouble sitting and getting up from a sitting position because of the pain. I workout EVERY DAY, but it'll still hurt. She works different muscles than the ones I hit daily, apparently....
  • christinac1011
    Options
    I started that program today my legs are sore
    stretch a little before but it will ease as you do the program
    more
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I could barely move for 3 days after my first day of 30 Day Shred. It hurt to get up from a sitting position, to go up or down stairs, to get in and out of the truck - seriously sore muscles! I moaned & groaned every time I moved! :tongue: Take a few days off until you can move without groaning - it will get better!