thyroid issue, been succesful, do i need to worry

Options
i just dont understand, i waz upset yesterday so i gave up for the rest of the day and ate, two cheese string sticks a couple chips n salsa, and a burger n dollar onion ring from bk...n gained 4.4 lbs overnight, my doc thinks i have a thyroid issue...could that be the cause?

my doc said yesterday shes almost positive i have a thyroid issue (runs in my family) because ive gained almost 45 lbs since november, without changing my eating habits, the only other factor was i wasnt working anymore, my sister was a very heavy girl, she was almost 260 lbs and like 5'5' all of this while in highschool, so she suffered alot, and she worked so freaking hard biking and walking over 12 miles a day when biked over 20, dietied like crazy and she saw little results, when they discovered her thyroid issue she went on medication, and she dropped 100 lbs within nthe year following, my mother has a thyroid issue and she was also heavier about 200 and 5 ft 2, when she went on medication she worked hard and dieted hard and she now weighs about 120, your all strangers so i dont mind sharing this but my doc said it makes sense we wouldnt see this till now because i was a drug addict for a couple of years, and that severley decreased my weight, but now that im healthy and eating right, i gain gain gain, in the month of january alone i gained 7lbs, in an odd way im hoping this is the awnser, i dont want something to be wrong with me but im getting pretty fed up with having no awnsers......has any of my friends had thyroid issues? what were your experiences, im waiting for blood work to come back to confirm.....im in no way shape or form blaming this, i just want an awnser, do i need to work harder, do i need to adjust anything, what do i need to do to fix this so i can be at a healthy weight again, im willing to do anything!!!

i know it seems silly to be asking all of you but i want awnsers now, lol, funny cause one of my biggest pet peeves is when people on fb are like "i have this problem and im bleeding profusley from the ears and blah blah blah, what should i do" like go to a DOCTOR lol, so now im a hypocrit, but i guess id feel better about this if i knew someone else who had the same issues while im waiting for blood work to come back!!! grrrrrrrrr hurry up!!!!

nd i just logged yesterday and was honest about it, and with what i burned STILL didnt go into a negative, and from what i understand your thyroid has something to do with sodium and iodine right? ugh i have so many questions i need to start writing them down so i dont forget to ask her when i go in for my results

since 2010 when my husband joined the army i was a stay at home mom for awhile and gained 37 lbs in a 5 month time, he deployed i went back home and went back to work and lost about 20 lbs he came home i was a stay at home mom again and went from 125 to 160 from nov to february....on the 13th i started my diet and excersise and have lost 6 lbs.....this is sooo frustrating i just want to go back to my docs right now and get awnsers!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well once you get your results back you will feel better. If you thyroid is off you will be prescribed a pill that will help tremendously! Are you feeling tired at all? Like you have to really concentrate when talking or feel really slow moving? It's a different kind of tired. LIke your batteries fell out. :) It's just amazing what the pill will do for you if you do have a low thryoid. Mine was 4 times as low as it's supposed to be. Just a pill in the morning and you will feel like a new woman! :)
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hey best bet get checked. It IS hereditary. I have hypothyroidism (under active thyroid) it causes u to gain weight when ur actualy trying to loose it. Other symptoms include dry skin, weak brittle hair, fatigue, constipation, sensitive to cold temperatures. It's kind of a important thing to get checked so I would. Also u can feel really depressed at the simplest things, or be over joyed for no reason.
  • rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    actually before i started my diet i did feel tired all the time, i bought hydroxycut for women and b12 vitamins to help give me more eneergy to work out,,,,thanks for your guys input, all i can do is wait, but like i said before i guess i woulda felt better if someone had been in the same situation as me lol