NSV...my jeans fit!!!!

Options
Keeta83
Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
So as I'm sure many woman out there have done, I've kept all my old cloths in the back of my closet in hopes that one day I will be able to wear them again. I have a beautiful little boy whom is now nearly 2.5 years old and suffice it to say that though I tried (but not hard enough) shortly after I gave birth to shed the whopping 40 lbs that I gained during pregnancy-only a few managed to come off! I was around 160lb when I got pregnant, though I wasn't super thin or anything I was in not bad shape. At 5'7 I've always weighed more than how I looked. In my early 20's I hovered around 145-150lbs and I would have to say that I looked my best at that weight-so that is my goal! Anyway, I have been exercising diligently and have been logging all my food, with a few slips here and there...I'm only human! As I am close to the weight I was when I got pregnant I decided yesterday to pull out a couple pairs of jeans and see what happened-THEY FIT!!!! What a great encouragement for me to keep on going and be that healthy, fit and strong woman that I know I can be!

Replies

• tessa022707
    tessa022707 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! Nothing feels as good as slipping on a pair of jeans that didn't fit. Congrats...keep it up!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. I have an entire wardrobe waiting to be worn again. But for now, I am thankful that for the first time in a long time I am able to wear my full wedding ring set without my finger turning purple!! <happy dance>
  • bevmwa
    bevmwa Posts: 8
    Options
    AWESOME - now donate the big jeans! Get rid of them as you shrink!!
  • onek9lover
    Options
    I'm only two months in to my life change and although I've only come down around 10lbs... my jeans are so much more lose and my calf high boots have a lot more room than they used to! Congratulations! I can't wait till I am about 160!
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!! way to go!! :wink:

ps: i've got some pre-baby jeans on a shelf in my closet too - working toward this nsv myself!! :) thanks for the morning motivation!!
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I can so relate. I have an entire wardrobe waiting to be worn again. But for now, I am thankful that for the first time in a long time I am able to wear my full wedding ring set without my finger turning purple!! <happy dance>
    Congrats to you also...I can imagine that feels great!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Best. Feeling. Ever!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I saw your post title and all I could think of was the Progresso soup commercials, where they have can-and-string "phones" and the customer says to the Progresso person "they fit!" :smile:
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    Congrats!!! About six months ago my husband and I went through our entire house throwing things out we had shoved in closets and haven't used in years. And with those things were my "skinnier" clothes. I may have one pair of jeans from the day but my daughter is wearing those and something tells me she is not going to give them up, as she has stated they are her favorite jeans! : ( But maybe she will let me try them just to measure my progress. BTW, the were my favorite jeans too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!