not coming anymore

Options

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I didn't even "go public" on MFP for about the 1st six months or so...I found the calorie and exercise diaries very stimulating, and when the pounds starting melting(less than a pound a week) that was all the motivation I needed!! Started checking out message board out of curiosity...great exercise and recipe ideas, mostly lots of inspiration and chuckles. I only have a few friends, people I have something in common with, and my main goal is to lift them up when they seem to need it and when make them laugh if I can't offer anything else.
    Here's all I have to offer---be your own best friend first, the rest will follow...no one can turn your life around but YOU!!
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    Sounds like the only reason you're doing this is for the praise. Sorry you cant be happy with your weight loss w/o having to hear it from others.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Folks, please be nice here...

Pretty crappy that someone needs to remind everyone of this.
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    You are not the only one who needs to hear good job. But, being a teacher, I often remind my students that it also has to be an internal push. No one on the outside can control what you do, we can simply choose to say good job. Reality is, you should be your own congrats... your doing it should show you how strong you are instead of revealing how much you need other people to support what you do. If you can not push from the inside, it tends to be hard to maintain the life style in the long term. I am not yelling at you or telling you that wanting congrats is wrong... simply reminding you that the inside change should mean more to you.

Amen!

Witness!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Please do...She is reaching out.....Everyone has their own MOTIVATON..she just want sto hear a way to go every once in while....
    But...you do need to reach out...LOTS of friends on here, with the weight loss goals in common and not....
    FRIEND ME!!!

16544443.png
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    I know it's tough, I kinda felt the same way but I made new friends and it helps. Great Job and you keep it up!!

What kind of fish is that?
    How much did he weigh?
    You look so happy, I am jealous...
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Pretty crappy that someone needs to remind everyone of this.

I agree....c'mon, people. We're adults...let's act like it. I say congrats on weight lost!!! It's funny...we're all struggling with the same thing, and yet we single other people out. Nice.
  • cookikim71
    Options
    To be honest I don't know how to do the friends asking them to be a support person asked about how to do it but never recieved an answer. how do you ask for friends?
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I tell myself "Great Job!" every time I get a workout in, eat right, and do something wonderful for myself. For some reason, it means a lot more coming from myself than some anonymous stranger on a public forum.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    15 pounds is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Not many people will continually dish out encouragement to someone that never goes out of their way to encourage others. If you dont pay it forward because you want to, then neither will anyone else around you do the same.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great job. That is awesome! If you need supportive friends, request them. Request me if you like. I try to comment every day.
  • elenathegreat
    Options
    To be honest I don't know how to do the friends asking them to be a support person asked about how to do it but never recieved an answer. how do you ask for friends?

not quite sure what you're asking here...technical support? click on the username(right below their pic) of the person you are interested in, it opens a profile...send them a message. I am technically challenged and I figured it out.
  • Mershon88
    Mershon88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

There is an "Introduce Yourself" section on the forums. Go through there. Put a post up to introduce yourself... and meet others who just joined MFP. To actually "add" someone as a friend.. go to their profile and click "Add Friend". Grats on that 15 lost btw! Huge accomplishment! Best of luck.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    like others have said, I'd recommend that you reach out to people as well. You've done great so far and I'm sure there are others just like you that would love to be the support system you seek! Best wishes and keep up the great work!
  • KristieLynn007
    Options
    yOU CAN ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENS LIST
  • cookikim71
    Options
    Thank you for becoming friends with me I will try harder to log in
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

when you see a person that you would like to be friends with, click on their picture, then choose "add as friend", I would include a message to them as to why you want to add them (it takes you to that screen) and then choose "submit". personal friends that you make on here are FAR more supportive than the masses that have no idea who you are.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options

I read forum threads and I friended people who had the same goals - mainly because they were an inspiration. I told them that. I think you could benefit by re-introducing yourself. Say hello again to the crowd, tell them you left, are back and would love friend who can provide the encouragement, support and motivation you are looking for.
  • Karenlaw30
    Options
    i would like to say thanks to all the people answering to her call for help i have a suggestion bring your kids in on this journey and you can motivate each other.