Do you really lose 30 Lbs on Insanity?

Options
I am looking for an excellent DVD set that can help me to tone up. I have been intrigued by Shaun T's Insanity Video and I have to admit that getting a Free T-Shirt bragging about completing the training does entice me.

I am a serious calorie burner and I'd really like to find something that will really kick my butt and get maybe a few pounds off fat off my belly! I also am impressed that you can get a lean toned body simply by moving your body. I'm not really interested in the P-90X simply because you have to buy equipment to be used with it. I like the looks of the Calisthenics on Nuclear Steroids idea.

So, if anyone has COMPLETED the Insanity training DVD, please tell me if I'd be wasting my money? It's hard coming these days you know... with gas, cosmetic and grocery prices!!!

Replies

• steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    I am curious also. I keep seeing the infomercials and want to do it after I am done rehabing from back surgery. Looks really intense!
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No one has ever completed this training? Wow!!
  • Wil00
    Wil00 Posts: 21
    Options
    I lost 17 pounds my first 30 days of Insanity... BUT I am a guy, and had a bunch to lose. I'd say it would be reasonable to lose about 10-15lbs for the entire 60 days for a lady. Everyone is different though.

I chickened out on the last half of the program tough and started p90x. (It looked so hard and I was still struggling with the first 30 days)

To me it was worth it though, and you couldn't beat the nutrition guide.

Best of luck!
    Wil
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I only lost 4-6 pounds but I only had 10-15 that I really needed to lose!I lost a TON of Inches!!!

INSANITY9-26-11005-1-1.jpg

INSANITY9-26-11004-2.jpg
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    In the end you have to measure lean muscle loss vs. actual fatloss, those type of programs put you Catabolic, not the weight you are looking to lose, yes you will lose fat but at the expense of lean muscle-Ty
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I only lost 6lbs from Insanity, however, i did lose a total of 14 inches throughout my entire body. It's a very challenging workout, you sweat like crazy, so it really does have great results...everyone is different though!
  • Stronger_Diva
    Options
    Those are really good sounding results, thanks! I'm more one to look the part you know? I really don't care how much I weigh (to an extent) as long as I look good and I'm healthy!

Thanks y'all. :-)
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My first go around with Insanity, I lost 13lbs and 22.75 inches. Its definitely worth the money. After completely the whole 60 days, I used it as a supplement workout along with taking kickboxing classes, then I did the Insanity Asylum 30 day program. I have lost of total of 36lbs and 43.25inches. Results happen when you put the work in. I have pics on my profile. Good luck!
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Halfway through Week 7 of Insanity, only 2 1/2 weeks to go. Haven't lost any weight, but I have dropped my body fat percentage 3%.
  • Ric19k
    Ric19k Posts: 35
    Options
    I have lost 8 kg thanks to this program its a really tough workout!
    I loved the program im now doing insanity asylum its the follow up of insanity and its a beast!
    If you wanna do some serious cardio/plyo/pushup program BUY IT
  • MustangCindy67
    MustangCindy67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am currently in week 2...it is brutal in one sense but so worth it... the energy level after is amazing.... I am not in perfect form but am working on it... I improvise when I am tired and then jump back in.... I also try to do 1 hour of stationary bike or the Elliptical to complete my day.... Insanity is worth the $........ Walmart has it for $138 here in Quebec. Good luck....:)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I love the insanity workouts and highly recommend them. Like any other workout your diet will be what determines how much weight you lose. I typically burn about 500 calories doing the max workouts and about 350 from the regular ones.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Those are really good sounding results, thanks! I'm more one to look the part you know? I really don't care how much I weigh (to an extent) as long as I look good and I'm healthy!

Thanks y'all. :-)

if you have any questions about it, feel free to message or add me, im a beachbody coach!
  • Stronger_Diva
    Options
    Thanks again everybody!! I have decided to go buy it. :-)
  • AqUaMuShRoOmS
    Options
    Most people probably don't lose weight because they gain it back with the muscles built.
  • mikieytc
    Options
    Hello,

I am staring my 5th week of Insanity today (the recovery week) so they say---I'm down 7.5lbs and my clothes are feeling looser. I feel great which is the most important part. I 100% recommend doing Insanity. I did NO excersise before Jan 7 for almost 1yr (other than chase my kids around). I started at my own pace I did not allow the pace they moved on the video to indimiate me, but just gave 100% of what I could give. If you try to keep up with the people in the video who by the looks of them, working out is their LIFE, you will get discourage, just do what you can do. It is hard and it is a challange. I have a heart rate monitor which I love as well, it tells me how many calories I burned and where my heart rate is at. I have 26 lbs to go to hit my goal, I may not make it this round with Insanity but I plan to do it 2x.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I finished it on Sunday. Lost 18lb and have to tie my belt 2 holes tighter or my jeans would fall down.
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you love burning calories, this is the one for you! I lost 11 lbs my first 30 days. I started month 2 today. Of course I'm a guy and totally different (6'1, age 35, 219 lbs). But here is what I burned today:

CaloriesBurned_zpsdff751ff.jpg
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I only lost 8lbs my first round but lost lots of inches!! i def think it is worth it
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I lost about 15 pounds and a two pants sizes. Looking back, I wish I had eaten more to preserve LBM and to prevent any muscle loss. But it was a great experience, a wonderful challenge and opened my eyes to strength training. My new love: barbell and plates! I am finding that lifting heavy is more beneficial and I'm seeing better changes in my body. But if you think you would like the challenge, do it!