Serious question here....

Options
I'm on week 3 of staying almost the same weight, I've lost 1 pound in the 3 weeks.

I'm not going over my calories; however before I exercise I have no calories left, and then when I exercise sometimes I have 300, sometimes I have 500 calories left. And then I eat some of my calories back, but not all of them. I exercise on my Tony Little Gazelle sometimes between 30 minutes to an hour , some days then I do a Jillian Michaels 30DS workout for 20 minutes, and burn 300 calories. Some days I just do the 30DS depending on time and energy.

So I'm never over my calories, and I workout almost everyday, on my rest day of 30 DS then I do my gazelle for 30 minutes at least.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like I've plateau and I'm no where close to my goal weight. I have 30+ pounds to lose. It's so frustrating because I've heard eat all your calories back and then I've heard you can't eat them all back or you wont lose weight.

Should I eat more, exercise more? I'm so lost.

Help me, please :(

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    You have to make your food diary public, if your looking for advice.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hi Crys,

I think it would be helpful to us if you made your food diary public - that way we can see what's fuelling your body and if you need to intake more or less :)

Cheers!
  • butterfliespink
    Options
    I have a similar problem....I would love a good answer as well. BTW-my diary is viewable
  • YvonneEvans
    Options
    HI, I was having the same problem and I asked my personal trainer why I`m at a stand still he told me to up my clories intake and I did and lost 2 pounds, but I was at a stand still for about two weeks! Good luck:) And keep up the good work
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem....I would love a good answer as well. BTW-my diary is viewable

No it isn't
  • Crys32
    Crys32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had no idea my diary wasn't viewable, how do I change this?

Sorry I'm a complete newbie to this site..
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    Ask yourself,

How many of my calories come from processed foods each day?

How many of my calories come from sugars, simple carbs each day?

Where am I in my monthly cycle?

What meds am I taking and how are they related to weight loss/gain fluid retention?

What am I craving on a daily basis?

How much do I salt my whole foods, and do I really measure that?

How do I measure all my foods?

How often to I weigh myself?

How precise is my set of scales and my use of them?

How many exercises are strengthening versus cal burning cardio?
  • butterfliespink
    Options
    sorry, my diary is viewable to my friends. I will change my settings
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    go to "settings"
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had no idea my diary wasn't viewable, how do I change this?

Sorry I'm a complete newbie to this site..

"Settings"
    "Diary Settings"
    At the bottom, select "Public"
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    It's impolite to highjack someone else's thread.
  • butterfliespink
    Options

It's impolite to say someone is impolite. BTW- I seriously do have the same question, why make two posts when I can learn from someone else's? do you hav nothing better to do than comment about something other than what the topic is about?
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of estimation and guessing involved in this process. Your daily calorie goal is based on a generic lifestyle setting. We all have different variations and definitions of sedentary lifestyle. Some foods are easy to know the calories, others are tough (someone else cooks, restaurants, not having a food scale handy all the time, etc.). Same with exercise. Calories burned are all estimates. Try adjusting some things, either lower your daily calorie goal, or raise it if you aren't eating enough and don't have energy. Lower your estimate on calories burned during exercise. Drink more water. Just play around with things if you aren't having success, something is off in the estimation. Find the right balance that works for you.
  • TXPRN68
    TXPRN68 Posts: 2
    Options
    1. You have to eat enough of calories to allow your metabolism to charge your internal organs. If you are not eating enough of calories to successfully do this, your body will hold onto the extra fat. Eat what you burn, or at the very least, eat whatever minimum caloric value has been suggested.
    2. Drink your water!!
    3. Make sure that you are eating a variety of the food groups, and DO NOT eliminate one or another!! Your body needs a some from every group!! (Incuding good fats and carbs!!)

If you can successfully incorporate the above suggestions, I would be astonished if you did not lose!!

Good luck!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

I took a look at your diary and have questions:

Can you eat more "whole" and balanced meals? I've noticed that for dinner a few times you had cereal which amounted to 400 calories... You can have a much better and balanced meal for less calories wich would enable you to have more snacks in between meals.
    I've also noticed that sometimes you skip meals, I'm not sure if that's planned (if you're doing the fasting thing)...but if you're not fasting, you should eat regularly.

What type of exercise are you doing? Is it cardio, or strength?
    Are you taking your measurements also? As you gain muscle, you might not notice a drop on the scale, but you'll see it if you measure yourself.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    1. You have to eat enough of calories to allow your metabolism to charge your internal organs. If you are not eating enough of calories to successfully do this, your body will hold onto the extra fat. Eat what you burn, or at the very least, eat whatever minimum caloric value has been suggested.
    2. Drink your water!!
    3. Make sure that you are eating a variety of the food groups, and DO NOT eliminate one or another!! Your body needs a some from every group!! (Incuding good fats and carbs!!)

If you can successfully incorporate the above suggestions, I would be astonished if you did not lose!!

Good luck!

I just want to say to that poster..good post and you have a beautiful pic...

~not highjacking the thread~ hehe....

and btw...to the other poster about highjacking ...that lady was NOT highjacking the thread because she was on the exact same subject matter....~hmph~
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Pretty rude. No one is hijacking anything.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    @butterfliespi

It's a very brave step to make your diary private. Congrats on taking that step.

I took a quick look at your food diary. I noticed 3 big things off the top.

1.) You should start tracking your sugar. In my estimation you are over every single day.

2.) Cut out the "diet foods" and limit the "processed foods."

Looks like you're eating a fair amount of high fat foods w/ simple carbs. Those will slow down your weight loss. And diet foods are especially bad for you as they often compensate for taste by adding in bad stuff. I personally try to only eat 1 processed food a day so 1 bag of baked chips or 1 servings of processed meat (like your turkey bacon.)

3.) Focus more on whole foods.

Where are your veggies? Fruits? Whole grains? I like to give myself a quota. 3-4 veggies, 2-3 fruits, 1-2 complex carbs (like brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat bread), and 2-3 lean protein. I find that if I focus on that quota then I don't feel deprived. I feel like I'm reaching health goals.

Good luck! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • butterfliespink
    Options
    @butterfliespi

It's a very brave step to make your diary private. Congrats on taking that step.

I took a quick look at your food diary. I noticed 3 big things off the top.

1.) You should start tracking your sugar. In my estimation you are over every single day.

2.) Cut out the "diet foods" and limit the "processed foods."

Looks like you're eating a fair amount of high fat foods w/ simple carbs. Those will slow down your weight loss. And diet foods are especially bad for you as they often compensate for taste by adding in bad stuff. I personally try to only eat 1 processed food a day so 1 bag of baked chips or 1 servings of processed meat (like your turkey bacon.)

3.) Focus more on whole foods.

Where are your veggies? Fruits? Whole grains? I like to give myself a quota. 3-4 veggies, 2-3 fruits, 1-2 complex carbs (like brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat bread), and 2-3 lean protein. I find that if I focus on that quota then I don't feel deprived. I feel like I'm reaching health goals.

Good luck! You can do it! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the advice!!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.