EVERYTIME I eat a potato...I lost 1 whole pound!!!!!!

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
I weigh myself everyday, before I begin my workout and I just saw my scale register 181.2!!!!! I got on the scale 8 times too, just to be sure. My Body Fat% is still 31% (down from 46-47% a month and 13 days ago), but I have been registering my weight-loss as it comes. Some days, none, most day .02-.04% down.

WOW, this is so thrilling for me. The last time I lost an entire pound was the last time I ate a baked potato. I had one last night (no vegan butter, nothing but the potato and I had it with a Stuffed Red Bell Pepper, stuffed with Trader Joe's no beef beef. It was so delicious, I called that dinner my NOT Big Mac hamburger and NOT fries, because that what the red bell pepper tasted like with the beef and that's what the plain potato tasted like--just like fries--only BETTER and I eat the whole potato, skin and all. WOW...I'm down another pound and I'm THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• 2lovelala
    2lovelala Posts: 13
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish I could lose eating a potato...
  • You make want to rush out and eat a potato. AWESOME JOB.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    :happy: :heart: Thanks everybody!!!!! :heart: :happy: I don't eat baked potatoes often and this is really a wonder of wonders and cool as all get out to/for me!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Bumping because it's happening AGAIN!!!

I ate a little more than half of a potato last night (I couldn't eat the whole thing, because the HUGE fabulous salad stuffed me to the gills). And Viola (Thank ya Jesus) I didn't lose a whole pound this time-- I lost .04 pounds and now I'm in the 170's baby...179.8

I'm going have another one tonight:laugh:
  • jlrPhotography
    Options
    Maybe that's why I seem to be doing quite well with the weight loss - I eat a potato for luch 3 or 4 times a week :P
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious! I don't eat potatoes hardly ever. In fact, I try to avoid them. But geesh, maybe I better start! :noway:

Congrats on your success btw!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Are you high?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom carbs
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Potatoe, tonight! :drinker:
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    congrats! and now I want a baked potato, lol
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am going to Longhorn's tonight and just order 10 baked potatos and eat them all. If I do this 3x a week, I will completely disappear in 7.5 weeks.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    SHEESH! I need some potatoes RIGHT NOW!
    I'm going to do research, because potatoes are good, but they're better when you know you'll lose weight eating them!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    baked potato for dinner.........here I come!!:flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Are you high?

I'm sure not low (I hope you aren't either :heart: )...but if you mean anything foolish like drugs or alcohol--absolutely not. If you are meaning high as in elated that everything I have ever heard or read steers me away from potatoes as super fattening or bad for me, well I am high/elated that I'm doing seemingly everything "wrong" in the weight-loss "business" and the pounds and inches are melting off of me like crazy.

Thanks for asking though and have a beautiful day my friend:flowerforyou:

P.S. Also, my body fat percentage went down as well too--so now I'm 30% body fat--talk about high:laugh: WOO HOO!!!!
  • felice03
    Options
    i still want to know if the OP is high?

oh you answered....
  • nessafly
    nessafly Posts: 58
    Options
    Magic potato!!! Congrats to you :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

oh you answered....

see my reply above beautiful:wink:
  • felice03
    Options

oh you answered....

see my reply above beautiful:wink:

i did...and I am still suspicious...
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am going to Longhorn's tonight and just order 10 baked potatos and eat them all. If I do this 3x a week, I will completely disappear in 7.5 weeks.

I went to Longhorn's everynight for a week and actually gained weight!!!

...Oh,read the original post wrong. I was ordering the porterhouse not the potato! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!