my name is chris and im a addict

Options
to trying to gain weight. 6ft 170lbs 6 months ago. Now im i 192ish pushing for over 200 before swoll season.

O and im new to myfitnesspal which i will be using everyday starting yesterday.

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Chris :flowerforyou:
  • PepperGirl1
    PepperGirl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome, the people trying to lose weight out number the gainers, but there are gainers on MFP. You may have to just search the topics to find your kind. Wishing you success on your journey!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    BUMP

That may help :) Welcome! MFP is SUPER helpful!!! I have never ever stuck to watching my calorie intake and have never been focused of exercising until I cam across this site and the app :) GOOD LUCK!!!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome Welcome. Best of luck to you!!!!
  • squirrrell
    Options
    Welcome Chris hope you achieve everything you want to! I think we are both in the middle of the path but going in the opposite direction (as you want to gain and I want to lose!) but we can see who gets to the end of the path first and wave back! ;)
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    Hi Chris!

That was a bit of a COLD welcome from the MFPers - not too many of us need to gain a few pounds! I'd be sure to give you some if you were keen!!! :bigsmile:

I'd advocate creme brulee - home made of course! :flowerforyou:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the gains. I am also gonna start strength and muscles gaining but I have a lot of body fat to deal with first.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Wish I was small enough to want to gain weight. Anyway, hope you reach your goal!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    That's friendly. You get what you put out. Lots of threads go unanswered. Welcome to the world of Internet Forums.
  • LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm 23 and my boyfriend and I are trying to lose 50lbs each by this time next year so I don't think I'll be much help to you if you're trying to gain weight but I can try!!
    Good luck and welcome to the forum!! I've only been on here from today and people do seem pretty friendly really
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think it is the wrong site, if he is trying to gain weight in a healthy way and gain muscle that is part of being fit. IS this not a fitness website? I don’t think this sight is limited to weight loss; this sight is about a lifestyle change. In order to reach his goals it takes commitment, training and ensuring the right caloric intake. Commitment training and healthy diet isn’t that why we are all here? Good luck to you Chris! :smile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just the time of day.
    I want to welcome you and wish you all the best. Lots of people here looking to gain. You could search the blogs and see if there are any groups or search above. Good Luck. :drinker:
  • cel81xtreme
    Options
    thanks all and im not coming out of the closet. But i wish i could take some of the weight u guys and gals are trying to lose.
    GL to all my diary is public if you wanna check it.
  • kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    to trying to gain weight. 6ft 170lbs 6 months ago. Now im i 192ish pushing for over 200 before swoll season.

Hello!! Welcome to MFP!!! Hey this sight is about being healthy and if thats what you are trying to do then I say you fit right in. Yes the majority of us are trying to LOSE weight and don't have the luxury and probably never will of needing to gain weight. But I feel like I am on here to get healthy and for me weight loss is coming with that!!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options

Hi, I'm gilda, and I'm an addict too.....You'll love this site, the more addictive your personality, the more you'll love this site.
  • vermurrgarv
    Options
    may you achieve your goals in a comfortable way welcome to MFP what ever way you want to do it lose or gain it is your choice go for it.
  • jeaneak
    jeaneak Posts: 1
    Options
    Underweight can be just as difficult as overweight ... TRUST me, I know - the only difference is that not so many people look down on you for being rail thin ... we all notice weight more when someone is heavy vs. skinny ...

I spent my young adult years trying anything and everything to get above the 100 pound mark - at 5'3", 90 pounds is NOT healthy - from age 15-24 i fluctuated between 86 and 95 pounds and just could NOT break that high of 95 - I knew I was too thin to make the THIN even more obvious I had a LARGE chest for my frame (DD's) ... When I was 24 I moved to Camp Pendleton and was allergic to EVERYTHING - The Dr's prescribed multiple meds trying to alleviate allergies & asthma (it was bad enough the base even came & cut down the evergreen trees lining the sidewalk from my driveway to my house) ... 2 of the meds they put me on contained steroids & needless to say, I puffed up like a blow-fish ... I gained 60 pounds in less than 18 months, yep In 18 months my weight increased by 167%!!!! During that 18 months I was eating healthier than I ever had in my life (the amount of fresh foods available and the fact that I didn't like fried foods but LOVE grilled meat, fish & veggies), my physical activities were up about 5 times what they were when I had lived in Texas - and still I gained 60 pounds.

Unfortunately once I hit 150 pounds it was no longer impossible for me to gain weight - i couldn't seem to STOP gaining - I joke that I didn't get fat, the rest of my body just grew in proportion to my chest - but yep, I got fat gaining another 50 pounds over during the 14 yrs that have followed living in California - My heaviest was 208 pounds - and now I am at 190. My cousin pointed me to this site and now I not only have a weight loss goal, but the tools to get there =)

If what YOU need is to gain weight, not lose - I wish you luck because it's miserable to be too thin also =) ... I won't lie though, I'm jealous, I would take being too thin over being too big haha ;-)
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey Chris,

Welcome to MFP + good luck in reaching your goals
  • squirrrell
    Options
    One other thing everyone is on different timezones and people write new forums every minute so your topic can get lost quite easily! I wouldn't take offence no one responded to my first forum and many others don't get read either just bump it up if it is important! :)
  • ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can give you lots of tips, I am an expert gaining weight lol :D

just kidding, Just let your diary open and we all can give you some advice :D