I'm new! :)

Options
Hello, all :)

I joined MyFitnessPal and will begin my journey at midnight, 3-6-12 (I'm a little OCD and I didn't want to start in the middle of the day! :P). I've set my Food Journal, Exercises, Profile, everything to public... I want to be held accountable for my progress, good or bad.

I am 27 years old and I am in recovery from EDNOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified). Although I fit the bill for anorexia nervosa more than anything else, I was unable to be diagnosed as such because I did not fit the criteria 100% :| (for example, I did not stop menstruating for the set number of months in a row-- small things like this). I am also recovering from exercise bulimia. As with many heavily restricting anoretics, I have also had periods of binge eating. This, I believe, has been the most damaging aspect of my disorder in terms of my weight, self-confidence, and morale. I continue to struggle with each of these things as I fight to make my way from sick to mostly-well. I am not actively engaged in my eating disorder at this time, but it haunts me constantly and attempts to pull me back into its depths 24 hours a day. It is a constant fight.

I want to get well. I believe that I can get well... I believe that I can one day live 100% eating disorder free :) I would like to do this at a thin, but healthy weight for my barely-average height and slight frame and without weight gain... one step, one day, one mountain at a time :)

I am 5'4" short :P
I am currently a little below 115 lbs
I would like to see 107 lbs on the scale but I am willing to take the time and energy to do so healthily.
I want to reach and maintain a weight between 107-109 lbs.

I'm ready to be happy, healthy, in control, and I am ready to love my body; inside and out :)

I'd love some friends on here to provide encouragement, support, etc. Sooo... Nice to meet you! <3

Replies

• Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Welcome. This website is great for getting support. However, my personal opinion is to focus more on controlling your eating disorder versus losing weight. And although I haven’t seen any pictures of you, at 5’4 115 lbs it doesn’t sound like you have to lose any weight. Maybe I am off here, but to me it sounds like a perfect height/weight ratio.

In any case, good luck with your journey.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey there. You can add me for support. Take it day by day. :)
  • paleseptember784
    Options
    I know you're probably right... I do feel most comfortable around 110 and I really like the way I look at 107. I do realize though that I do not NEED to lose weight and that my current weight is acceptable and healthy. I'd really like to lose those 8 silly pounds, I just want to do it the right way. You're not wrong-- and I thank you for the comment :)
  • LRodich
    LRodich Posts: 15
    Options
    Please friend me (Lrodich)..I'd love to be your friend. I started 2 weeks ago (I have 30 to lose, but am quite bit older than you...have kids your age!). These tools on MFP are great and I love the social aspect. You can do this (get healthy) and MFP will help you!
  • paleseptember784
    Options
    sandyhomerun and LRodich-- thank you!! :) Looking forward to getting to know you! :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great to learn more about you. I'm on MFP for a month now and have been trying to healthily lose 10 lbs. If you want some support, add me :)
  • Noel1114
    Noel1114 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I really wish you the best. Unfortunately I can't advise you too well as I do not know the ins and outs of your eating disorder.
    However, I think if you can get used to eating small amounts of healthy food regularly, that is every few hours your metabolism should work better and I feel this will help you enormously. Best of luck
  • paleseptember784
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, simc14uha :) I appreciate that!!