Where are my snackers at?!

Options
Wheres everyone who loves snacking as much as i do?! if i dont snack throughout the day i will literally go insane. I want to know what everyones favorite HEALTHY snack options are. I find it hard to mix it up, im either eating apples, celery, or right bites. And it gets VERY boring.

Any ideas? Or what are your favorite snacks? :wink:

Replies

• Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just realized this week that I am a snacker when I my largest category of food in my diary is "Snacks". I work a desk job and it's really easy to snack during the day (too easy). I've had to go on the offensive and bring in healthy snacks for the mid-morning and afternoon. I snack on things like string cheese, and I have mini pitas and carrots with chipotle hummus. And I eat a yogurt during the afternoon.

I get bored too so I'll alternate this with apples and peanut butter (but I have a tendency to overdo on the peanut butter) and possibly other fruits too.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    here's a great thread from a few days ago....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/513966-3-favorite-snacks

:-)
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    thats exactly how i am also!! i NEVER snack at home, but im a receptionist...so i sit ALL day, & all i find myself doing is snacking!! lol, but i recently did try hummus & carrots..it was delicious!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    here's a great thread from a few days ago....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/513966-3-favorite-snacks

:-)

thanks! :) guess i should have thought to use the search button.:cry:
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the small fruits like rasberrys, blueberrys etc

Rasberries are beginning to taste like sweeties now. (But they are dear)

Grapes are another option.
    If you are snacking only for boredom reasons, you wont overdo the calories with these.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Veggies with avocado & salsa mixed together for a dip. Greek yogurt with fruit. Popcorn (with this one I raid my spice containers!) I pretty much split all my meals to be smaller. So a snack can also be a small portion of last nights left overs!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I am most definitely a snacker. My "snacks" section is usually larger than any single meal on a regular day. My common daily snacks are:
    Greek yogurt
    String cheese
    20g roasted, unsalted almonds
    Hard boiled egg
    Fruit (mostly kiwi or berries, sometimes an apple or banana)
    Veggies (cucumber, carrots, jicama)
    Various bars, depending on my macro needs (Clif Mojo, Luna, Luna Protein, PowerCrunch, Balance BARE, Soyjoy)
    Occasional sweets (cookies or a fun size candy here or there from work)
    Low carb/high protein bread with PB2
    Homemade low fat, low carb mini biscuits
    Occasionally different styles of "chips" (regular, cracker chips, veggie chips, etc)
    Low sodium pretzels

Ummm...I'm sure there's more. Those are just the top of my head ones. :)
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I used to be quite the snacker. Got some good advice and it helped me. I make a snack plate in the morning. I can have anything on the plate throughout the day but that's it. Don't do it anymore because it's not much of a prob anymore. But sometimes I'll still make a snack plate/bag.

Stuff that goes on my snack plate:
    crackers & sharp cheese
    nuts
    strawberries, grapes, apple, pear, blueberries ect
    baby carrots w/ranch
    celery w/pb
    homemade granola
    yogurt