The right choice for me.

Options
I know that a lot of people are up in the air about whether or not they support cosmetic surgery, but after losing over 30lbs, and working very hard on my core, I know that even with more weight loss, I will never be happy with my abdomen. I have had three big babies, and my skin isn't very elastic, so my options are limited. I want to be happy with myself, so I called a cosmetic surgeon today to schedule a consultation. Has anyone else had an abdominoplasty or excess skin removed? If so, I would love to hear your input and experiences.

Replies

• avandy83
    avandy83 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've lost 30, I've got 20 more to go. I definitely see surgery in my future (assuming I can afford it of course). The way I see it is I've worked too dang hard to let some excess loose skin still hold me back from loving my body. I've also had a C-section, which ruins the muscle anyways.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I didn't have c- sections, and my muscles are actually pretty tight, so I am thinking that I will probably just need the excess skin taken off.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it... I'm still working on getting to goal. BUT I constantly tell my husband that if we ever win the lotto I want a tummy tuck, boob lift, and electrolosis(SP?):laugh: Seriously, it is YOUR body, YOUR choice. Personally I would give almost anything for a flat tummy! You go girl!:flowerforyou:
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going in the end of this month for my Tummy Tuck!!! If you want you can friend me so you can follow my progress!! I know there are a couple other ladies who've recently done the same so hopefully they will post a tell you how they are doing.
  • spatzmoneymore
    Options
    I work out with a woman who had this procedure done and she is extremely happy with the results. She did the best she could to have the body that she wants and that was the extra help that she needed.

Keep up the hard work!
    All the best to you.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies... I am really excited for the consultation!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have heard that skin snaps back very slowly. So once you have reached your goal weight, it can take as much as a year to recover all the tightness that is going to be recovered.

When I heard that, I figured it would be best to wait and see. Now, after being at this weight (or close to it) for more than a year, I am no longer considering surgery at all.

Just a thought......time has changed my tummy a lot.

Your results may vary.....:flowerforyou:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    A very good friend of mine just had a "mommy makeover". She gained a TON of weight with both pregnancies (both c/s and the first was fairly botched), and has been working out HARD for the last 2 years--running, yoga, strength training. She just wasn't happy with the extra skin and whatnot and she's really happy with the results.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 6 weeks post operation. I had a lot of up and downs over the past 6 years, and my belly was never going to shrink back. I spent the first half of my 20s 50lbs overweight, and I spent the last half of my 20s being pregnant, gaining 50lbs with each child and then losing 70 after the first and 75 after the second.

I love my results, I love that my belly no longer melts across my lap when I sit down. I love that I don't have to retuck every time I stand up and sit down. I love that I can tuck my shirt in. I love that my jeans sit on my hips instead of hiking them up over my belly button.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions! :)
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I weighed about 360 pounds, and my goal is to get under 200... once I make it there, I'll probably be looking into this as well. I very much doubt my skin will just snap back on its own after having half my waistline disappear. :P
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    After having 5 babies via C-section, I had abdominoplasty with a hernia repair. And I LOVE the results!!
  • jocember
    jocember Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    After being obese for more than a decade, I'm quite certain at the end of my journey I will have lots of loose skin so I plan on trying to have the necessary procedures done to take care of it. I think it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do if you want it and need it!