New to site

Options
Hi,

I found this site last week when I was looking for a way to count calories.

I'm getting married in August and found a dress 10 days ago... I now have photographic proof of how I will look in my wedding dress if I don't talk off some poundage.

That's motivation.

Luckily my honey loves me just the away I am... but I want to look better. My goal is to lose 38 lbs. Three years ago that's what I weighed (altho I've yo-yoed all my life) at 5'2" I've historically been "short for my weight" to some degree most of my life.

Anyway, this site looks great...and the positive feedback everyone gives is great. I've been doing a 2 mile walk video every morning and holding myself to 1200 calories per day. Lost 2 lbs from Wed to last Mon. hopefully I can keep it up...to reach my target weight by my wedding I need to lose about 10 lbs/ month.

Replies

• beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I found this site last week when I was looking for a way to count calories.

I'm getting married in August and found a dress 10 days ago... I now have photographic proof of how I will look in my wedding dress if I don't talk off some poundage.

That's motivation.

Luckily my honey loves me just the away I am... but I want to look better. My goal is to lose 38 lbs. Three years ago that's what I weighed (altho I've yo-yoed all my life) at 5'2" I've historically been "short for my weight" to some degree most of my life.

Anyway, this site looks great...and the positive feedback everyone gives is great. I've been doing a 2 mile walk video every morning and holding myself to 1200 calories per day. Lost 2 lbs from Wed to last Mon. hopefully I can keep it up...to reach my target weight by my wedding I need to lose about 10 lbs/ month.
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome. I'm fairly new myself (3 weeks) but I find this idea of keeping a journal to be very good for me. It keeps me honest and helps keep me motivated. I make better choices during the day knowing I have to account for them later. It also helps me add up ahead of time meals I plan on haveing. Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website on the web. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive and so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: