Ezekial Bread ...

Options

Replies

• dtucker4403
    dtucker4403 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and I like it. But it definitely is denser and has a little grainier texture than most breads. I have also read that sprouted grains have more nutritional value.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    There is no flour in it! So its lower on the glycemic index. Complex carbs.
    Keep it in the freezer and take out as needed. Toasted is pretty good. There are several varieties.
    A great choice for good health.:smile:
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like it, but I like things grainier/nuttier tasting anyways. Toasted is usually best with either peanut or almond butter, or for a warm lunch sandwich. Pumpernickel and Rye are two other breads to consider for high fiber, low sugar content. If you get it at Whole Foods, check their freezer area...I store mine in the fridge. Also, if you try it and you don't like it, get a refund...it seems to be a love or hate kind of bread :)
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm just confused as to where you buy it. I've been shopping at this HUGE farmers market and was very excited that I remembered to put it on my list, but couldn't find it anywhere! They didn't have Ezekial brand so I figured I would look for "sprouted grain" but it was no where to be found. So it's not at regular stores and not at the hugest farmers market I've ever seen...I just don't get it
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    After the poster above mentioned Whole Foods I just realized I could probably find it there. there's a whole foods market by my work. I'll try there.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. It's pretty much the only bread we eat in my household. It's very high in protein and pretty delicious. Certainly much denser than regular bread and possibly a little drier, but still very tasty and extremely versatile. My favorite is the hot dog buns they make. I crave those buns with a smart dog and some grilled onions on top. Amazing!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It's very tasty! And it's better for you, and lower carb than traditional breads. Too bad it has yeast in it, otherwise I'd still be using it! I really love the cinnamon raisin variety!

Why is it better for you?

just because everyone says so...thats why!

actually, I like this bread. the cinnamon raisis great with peanut butter

edited to add my broscience
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's flourless! It's not real flavorful, but... tastes much better toasted with something on it. My favorite is toasted pimento cheese. We have it in our local grocery store. It's always in the freezer section.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It's flourless! It's not real flavorful, but... tastes much better toasted with something on it. My favorite is toasted pimento cheese. We have it in our local grocery store. It's always in the freezer section.

However it is not gluten free.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I love Exekiel bread... the normal one is very dense and very heavy (and very filling for me). My son doesn't like it as much as he likes regular wheat bread because it's so dense, but he still eats it .
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I tried the low sodium sprouted kind last night (bought at Whole Foods). I toasted it and made a sandwich. I enjoyed the meat so much, I don't even remember tasting the bread. Def not cardboard!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I really liked food for life's ezekiel bread but have switched to their gluten free multi seed english muffins since they are gluten and soy free. They taste great too.
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    I get the Ezekial 4:9 Low sodium sprouted bread. I love it sooo much but I've only ever tried it toasted per suggestions on here.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    After the poster above mentioned Whole Foods I just realized I could probably find it there. there's a whole foods market by my work. I'll try there.

Don't forget it's frozen, so you'll only find it in the frozen food section.

I :heart: :heart: :heart: Ezekiel bread. Particularly the raisin cinnamon variety. They also make raisin cinnamon english muffins. Take a frozen slice out and toast it, add a little peanut butter and jam..../foodgasm.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Don't forget it's frozen, so you'll only find it in the frozen food section.

I :heart: :heart: :heart: Ezekiel bread. Particularly the raisin cinnamon variety. They also make raisin cinnamon english muffins. Take a frozen slice out and toast it, add a little peanut butter and jam..../foodgasm.
    Trader Joe's has it fresh and not frozen.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Really? Hmm, it spoils very very fast. I'm surprised.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Really? Hmm, it spoils very very fast. I'm surprised.

I keep it in the fridge. mine will last for weeks. I buy it fresh at trader joes
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I always toast my sandwich bread anyway, so when I buy Food for Life brand, I just keep it in the freezer and take out what I need for that day or so. My favorite is the 7 Sprouted Grains and it's good with sandwiches or topped with avocado or peanut butter. YUMMO!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You can get it at whole foods. It's in the frozen food section. It's 2-3x the cost of regular bread but it's better for you.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love it! I think it's tasty, and it's all natural. It doesn't have chemical preservatives so it's kept in the freezer. I buy my at a local health/natural/organic food store.