This is me today

Options
I am unable to post a picture. I changed my profile pic to what I look like today. I don't want to look like that anymore. I am on mission to become a healthier person. I have cut smoking out of my life and now it is time to cut the excess fat out too. I am married and a mother. If you would like to add me that is wonderful. I could use the support I have 50 pounds to lose.

Currently I am 5'1 and weigh 177lbs.

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    3-6-12.jpg

I hope I posted this photo correctly. I don't want to look like this anymore. I am on a journey. I am trying to make my life healthier. Add me as a friend if you would like. I could use the support.

You want to make the 's lower case.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a lot of support here! We're all in this together :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    3-6-12.jpg
  • pinkard1
    pinkard1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on a new journey starting today too. I have committed to start P90X tomorrow. I am 52 lbs. from my goal weight and I really need the support as well. We can cheer each other on.
  • July121980
    July121980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok so just the IMG is lower case? I can do that.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ok so just the IMG is lower case? I can do that.

The IMG in both sets of brackets. At the beginning and the end...
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    welcome and good for you that have made this decision.
  • BeckyProctor
    BeckyProctor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. We can support each other!
  • July121980
    Options
    Ok I am going to try and post another picture. This is the front view. AHHH. Posting pictures that are by far not flattering in anyway shape or form is very humbling....to say the least.

3-6-122-1.jpg
  • July121980
    Options
    Thank you very much for helping me!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your smoking cessation. By that act alone, you have greatly improved your health. Good luck on your weight loss. You've already shown what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it, so I have no doubt that you will be successful.

Take care:flowerforyou:
  • ryckrock
    ryckrock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are already winning the fight by posting and setting goals. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • carrollel
    carrollel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i love picture progress! its more real for me...keep updating with your results, this site is the ONLY tool that has worked for me to stick to my daily goals, every day is a challenge! feel free to add me. welcome to your new journey!
  • July121980
    Options
    Oh I will update photos as soon as their is a change! As embarrassing as a before photo is; I plan to use it as a reminder to myself of what I do not want to look like again. I hope to look much different in a few months. I am just power walking right now and eatting healthier portioned food. I am also consuming much more water. Here is my brand new ticker.

18681404.png
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I too am trying to get healthy and lose weight. Tired of dieting, this is now a lifestyle change! Good luck
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? The reason I ask is that 10 pounds ago I looked very similar to you. But I was at 200 then. You must be shorter as you only weigh 177. I'm 5'5".

Sorry, I see you are 5'1". That is what I expect5ed.

Good luck, you can do it!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Love the ticker. :) You've won the first battle already by making the commitment and putting yourself out there. Remember there will be bad days as well as good days... never let a bad day get in your way. Let it go and move to the next day! MFP is great... it really helped me track what I was actually eating and actually burning through exercise. Also, the sense that I needed to be accountable to me AND my friends here kept me focused. I also had "mini" goals, which gave me a sense of accomplishment along the way.

If you don't have one, I'd suggest buying an Heart Rate Monitor, as well - the kind with a chest strap that will display calories burned. It will really help you be "honest" and many people say the MFP values in the exercise database are way over-stated. I actually found some were under for me (vs my HRM)... but, either way I feel much more confident with the monitor!

Best of luck, you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • bevman47
    bevman47 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Steve, and I quit smoking 12 years ago...I've been using My Fitness Pal for about 35 days and am down a pants size...and almost another..sure feels good..I'm substituting a Body by Vi shake for a meal...I finally went under 300lbs!..I was 342 last spring...I love My Fitness Pal!
    Wishing you the best of luck..
    Steve
  • janeyoung1946
    Options
    we CAN lose it all of us TOGETHER we CAN DO IT!!!!
    i will help just add me :)
  • gizzmo121
    Options
    You go girl....your gonna kick some a**.