Need non meat meal ideas

Options
NYCDutchess
NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
I'm looking to cut out meat from my diet. Or at least lower my intake to a few days a week at the MAX.
Any good food ideas??

Replies

• RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I try to keep meat down to 1lb/person/week. Sometimes a little more, sometimes less. But you're welcome to any of my recipes. I post my weekly menus on rillsmenu.com. Favorites from the current menu are Bacon Turnip Mash and the Simple Spiked Saute. It was super delish!

Edit: Also you can usually take your regular meaty recipes and replace the meat with beans or lentils. White beans for chicken, black beans for beef, kidney or black eyed peas for pork. Took me a bit but you do get the hang of replacing.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I've got loads, just too lazy to type write now, consider this a bump.
  • Luvbutterflies
    Options
    I just posted this for what I had for supper.

Veggie Pita Pizza

W/W pita
    cream of mushroom soup(2 tbsp)
    spinach
    steamed broccoli
    steamed cauliflower
    grated carrots
    red onions
    mushroom
    feta

I like to bake the pita a bit before adding ingredients to get it nice and crispy .. once you add your veggie bake unitl until heated
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    try
    www.meatlessmonday.com

edited to say .com
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    Me and my fam are having Vegan Meatless burgers with homemade sweet potato fries for dinner!! That could be an option!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Stir fry with tofu or tempeh, black bean chili, bean and cheese burritos, lentil soup.....hope that helps some. Also, i love garden burgers or soy patties. They have quite a bit of protein, it surprised me!
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    Hi there - Indian food has lots of good vegetarian dishes - curries made with spinach and potato, or paneer, or chickpeas or lentils - Dhal Makhani is one of my favourites. There's a recipe here which looks good but I haven't tried it yet: http://www.tarladalal.com/Dal-Makhani-(-Low-Fat-Recipe-)-3570r

Also, crustless quiches, frittata and so on are nice. And mushroom stroganoff.
  • merlegirl88
    Options
    cutting out meat is bad for you
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump