Anybody out there dealing with Crohn's Disease...

Families_R_Forever
Families_R_Forever Posts: 630
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Just looking for motivation or support. I was diagonosed friday and am feeling really overwhelmed. I am finding there is not much to eat. Even some of the GOOD foods are not good to eat. Please if anyone can help me with this matter it would be great. I am going to stick with this site for the food part of it. 50 to 70% of people with it are malnutrioned (so says the one of MANY pamplets the doc gave me).

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Just looking for motivation or support. I was diagonosed friday and am feeling really overwhelmed. I am finding there is not much to eat. Even some of the GOOD foods are not good to eat. Please if anyone can help me with this matter it would be great. I am going to stick with this site for the food part of it. 50 to 70% of people with it are malnutrioned (so says the one of MANY pamplets the doc gave me).

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!:flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    I don't have a lot of advice for you just some understanding about the disease. It runs in my family and My grandmother, mother, and now my sister has it. It is very difficult for her to eat a lot of foods and she is in pain much of the time because of it.

She does not eat very well because it depends on how she reacts to certain foods and she tends to stick with a food once she doesn't have a reaction.

Just wanted to say good luck and keep trying foods until you find those that you dont react to.
This discussion has been closed.