Top 10 Low Calorie Cocktails

Options
My husband and I are going out with friends tonight and I was looking for something low cal to drink, vodka and cranberry is one of our favorites! :drinker: Found the below on (http://obesity.ygoy.com)

Listed below are some 10 low calorie cocktails recommended by experts:

Vodka Cranberry or Cape Codder: This classic drink barely contains about 65 calories. Apart from the fact that cranberry juice can help flush out alcohol from the body, squeezing some lime wedge in your drink and around the rim of your glass can add more flavor to the drink.

Light Beer: Ensure that you sip on light beer which contains far lesser calories. Darker color beers are said to contain more calories than lighter ones.

Laurent-Perrier Ultra Brut Champagne: This drink seems to only have about 60 calories in a glass and is one of Kate Moss’s favorite drink. Experts suggest that it would cost you that much weight even if you decide to take it thrice.

Mojitos, Done Right: This is an ultimately refreshing summer cocktail. The drink contains a sophisticated mix of rum and mint leaves. This drink is also considered to be rich in antioxidants contributed by the lime and mint leaves or juices.

Watermelon Martini: This fruity pink syrup contains a mere 125 calories say experts. In order to cut down on calories request for a drink that is made from agave nectar than simple syrup which adds fewer calories to your drink and at the same time sweetens your drink appropriately.

Margarita, Redux: This frozen cocktail with a salt-rimmed glass contains about 400 calories. A better option to this is margarita on the rocks which contains just 170 calories.

Diet Tonic Drinks: Experts opine that no matter what base liquor you choose, it is the mixer which contains more calories and sugar. The highest calorie mixer is considered to be the “tonic water”. Replace that with a club soda or diet tonic to remain on the safe and thinner side.

Maggie McQuade: This cocktail has an interesting mix of vanilla vodka and diet ginger ale.
Vodka and Diet Red Bull: This is one of the most popular cocktails for a frequent club-goer. Containing just 75 calories, this cocktail can keep you slim and in the groove of things all night.

White Wine Spritzer: Diluting this drink with water or club soda can fetch you a thin waistline. Experts suggest that sticking to dry wines is a much healthier option than their sweeter counterparts which contain more calories.

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going out with friends tonight and I was looking for something low cal to drink, vodka and cranberry is one of our favorites! :drinker: Found the below on (http://obesity.ygoy.com)

Listed below are some 10 low calorie cocktails recommended by experts:

Vodka Cranberry or Cape Codder: This classic drink barely contains about 65 calories. Apart from the fact that cranberry juice can help flush out alcohol from the body, squeezing some lime wedge in your drink and around the rim of your glass can add more flavor to the drink.

Light Beer: Ensure that you sip on light beer which contains far lesser calories. Darker color beers are said to contain more calories than lighter ones.

Laurent-Perrier Ultra Brut Champagne: This drink seems to only have about 60 calories in a glass and is one of Kate Moss’s favorite drink. Experts suggest that it would cost you that much weight even if you decide to take it thrice.

Mojitos, Done Right: This is an ultimately refreshing summer cocktail. The drink contains a sophisticated mix of rum and mint leaves. This drink is also considered to be rich in antioxidants contributed by the lime and mint leaves or juices.

Watermelon Martini: This fruity pink syrup contains a mere 125 calories say experts. In order to cut down on calories request for a drink that is made from agave nectar than simple syrup which adds fewer calories to your drink and at the same time sweetens your drink appropriately.

Margarita, Redux: This frozen cocktail with a salt-rimmed glass contains about 400 calories. A better option to this is margarita on the rocks which contains just 170 calories.

Diet Tonic Drinks: Experts opine that no matter what base liquor you choose, it is the mixer which contains more calories and sugar. The highest calorie mixer is considered to be the “tonic water”. Replace that with a club soda or diet tonic to remain on the safe and thinner side.

Maggie McQuade: This cocktail has an interesting mix of vanilla vodka and diet ginger ale.
    Vodka and Diet Red Bull: This is one of the most popular cocktails for a frequent club-goer. Containing just 75 calories, this cocktail can keep you slim and in the groove of things all night.

White Wine Spritzer: Diluting this drink with water or club soda can fetch you a thin waistline. Experts suggest that sticking to dry wines is a much healthier option than their sweeter counterparts which contain more calories.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! :flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Bacardi & Diet is a favorite over here! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (I prefer it with Diet Pepsi rather than coke....and a lime!)
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    im sure those are all pretty low calorie but idk how its possible that they're that low calorie...for example-- the vodka cranberry; vodka is 60cals and ounce and an ounce is about 1 shot- everyone who goes to bars knows that a cocktail is around 1.5-2shots..and they never use cranberry juice but rather cranberry cocktail which is about 140 calories per 8oz... so they use about 6oz of juice in a regular size cocktail--that adds up to about 225 calories
  • LawBug17
    LawBug17 Posts: 26
    Options
    i love stoli vanil and diet.. it's a no fail
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    im sure those are all pretty low calorie but idk how its possible that they're that low calorie...for example-- the vodka cranberry; vodka is 60cals and ounce and an ounce is about 1 shot- everyone who goes to bars knows that a cocktail is around 1.5-2shots..and they never use cranberry juice but rather cranberry cocktail which is about 140 calories per 8oz... so they use about 6oz of juice in a regular size cocktail--that adds up to about 225 calories

i second that. there is NO WAY a vodka cran is 60 calories. try a vodka and water with lemon. the only calories come from the vodka. plus you hydrate at the same time.
  • Lk2Walk
    Lk2Walk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and soda water with a splash of cranberry juice. The soda water has no calories and the cranberry gives it a little sweetness. I count it as 125 calories.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    There is much to be said for Vodka and soda with a lemon twist. Most bars don't have diet tonic, and Soda has no calories.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options

i second that. there is NO WAY a vodka cran is 60 calories. try a vodka and water with lemon. the only calories come from the vodka. plus you hydrate at the same time.

On MFP it is listed as 65 calories?? I think I'll try the vanilla vodka and diet. or the soda water with a spash of cranberry is a good idea as well.
    MFP:
    Nutrition Facts
    Town Club - Vodka Cranberry Servings: of 4 oz 1 oz
    Calories65Sodium0 mg