Weight Watchers Question

Options
Does anyone know if things are listed in the food list by points? I typed in Weight watchers and the only thing that comes up is the weight watchers brand food.

Replies

• robynd
    robynd Posts: 35
    Options
    Does anyone know if things are listed in the food list by points? I typed in Weight watchers and the only thing that comes up is the weight watchers brand food.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    No things aren't listed as points. It'd be a good idea though. :)
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    if you have your WW point slider you can take the cals fiber etc and figure out the points otherwise basically 50 cals=1 point-rough estimate. they want you to sign up for e-tools to get food lists with point values.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on WW and are using points already, but MFP uses only calories, et. al. You can do both, and it works out like the previous poster said - about 50 cals = 1 point, give or take.

It would be nice to have them both, but actually I like the fact that this one does the calories. I haven't really used the points since starting on this, although I KNOW I should log that way, as well.

Trouble with points is that they now don't really gauge how many exercise points you earn - it's "use what you earn" now, but very hard to calculate. PLUS, WW says you can save all your exercise points to use for the end of the week, but that goes against the tried and true idea of eating exercise points each day to make sure the body doesn't go into starvation mode.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    If you have the calories, fat, and fiber try http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php or dwlz.com has alot of foods with points listed.
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    Perfectly written. (not that anybody else didn't right what was right), I came on here to ask about weight watchers and i was shocked to see a topic. So, does this mean that 1200 cals divided by 50 gives me the amount of points i'm allowed? That means I would be allowed about 24 points a day. Which kinda sounds familiar from way back when, when I used WW and it was successful!
    Sounds like you're on WW and are using points already, but MFP uses only calories, et. al. You can do both, and it works out like the previous poster said - about 50 cals = 1 point, give or take.

It would be nice to have them both, but actually I like the fact that this one does the calories. I haven't really used the points since starting on this, although I KNOW I should log that way, as well.

Trouble with points is that they now don't really gauge how many exercise points you earn - it's "use what you earn" now, but very hard to calculate. PLUS, WW says you can save all your exercise points to use for the end of the week, but that goes against the tried and true idea of eating exercise points each day to make sure the body doesn't go into starvation mode.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm on 21 points a day for 157 pounds, without exercise. Officially. :wink:

It depends on how much you weigh, and how active you are. There's a "lifestyle" quiz in the first WW book (first meeting materials) that tells you what you should have. It's a reasonable approximation but not perfect, so be careful trying to match cals with points.
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use to be a WW follower until I met MFP. My daily calories is 1290, between 1290a and 1330 is about 28 points. If you buy a WW calculator or 10 dollars you can go to the food page of MFP and log in your food then go to the print page and calculate your points for the day. this does not include the exercise calories but atleast you know your points you have eaten. I haven't figured out how to change exercise cals. for WW activity points yet.