yogurt

Options
alexa137
alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
ok so yogurt is good for you right! but so i go and buy 3 or 4 diff brands and they all have ALOT of sugar! ugh!
got the yoplait light and thegreek yogurt(honey vanilla) 19 grams for 1 container! are you serious
i give up on the yogurt!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Yoplait is the junk food of the yogurt world. The light version contains artificial sweeteners, their regular contains high fructose corn syrup, and both contain various thickening agents. Their Greek yogurt is even worse, as Greek yogurt is supposed to have some whey strained off to make it thicker. Yoplait just adds thickeners so their product is cheaper to make (don't worry, they'll still charge you more!).

I buy plain Greek yogurt and sweeten it myself. Mix in for sweetness: a little honey, fruit jam, fresh fruit, granola....many possibilities! Plain Fage Greek Yogurt has 7 g sugar (it is dairy, by nature there will be sugars). Ingredients: Milk, live cultures. That's it!
  • alexa137
    alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    great! never knew that! now what am i gonna do with 12 containers of yogurt?!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    great! never knew that! now what am i gonna do with 12 containers of yogurt?!!

I saw the word "mom" on your profile. My little munchkins are like a plague of locusts and yogurt is something they both gobble down.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't like plain yogurt so I'll get 1 plain, 1 fruit and mix them. I'll have it for 2 servings. Or just add blueberries to plain is good too.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    one word...Chobani

Don't know how much sugar, don't care, because it rocks my socks. Best greek yogurt around!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Fage plain strained yogurt is my fav. I put fruit or honey in it and also use it straight to replace sour cream or put seasonings in to make dips/dressings. YUM