what dose ur work out look like

Options
im taking spinning classes 3 times a week and the other 2 days i im on the elliptical for 30 min. im getting bored and im afraid i might plateau dose any one have new work outs i could do ? could use the advice :)

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I run 3 or 4 days a week, outside mainly. I started off with C25K last year.
    The other two days I do a JM video, as in 30 Day Shred or NMTZ.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    it's sexi
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mine's varied. Up until I got my HRM I tried to keep it quite strict, doing a certain amount each day and only things I could record effectively.

Now, I'll walk, cycle, run, do basic aerobics at home...if I can find time to burn 200 calories or more, and if I can be bothered, I will, but I also don't mind if I only manage 30 or 40 calories as long as I'm getting my heart rate up or working my muscles a little.

I plan to start occasional swimming soon, and there are days (like today) when life gets in the way and I barely have time to stop so instead I just do some quick crunches, don't feel guilty and take it as a 'toning' day.

It's so much easier adding in variety. I'd also go ice skating if we had the option nearby, or if anyone would come with me! :tongue:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My work out luk like me only swettier!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Monday and Wednesday: intense cardio circuit training class
    Tuesday: legs and 45 min cardio
    Thursday: arms and 45 min cardio
    Friday: legs and 45 min cardio
    Sat: off day, walking
    Sunday: 60 min cardio
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    so sexy.

my workout actually looks like Im preparing for guerilla warfare... like I said... so sexy
    -runs off weilding a seldge hammer-

swimming, weights, circuit training, boxing, rock walls, ldr's, 7Ks, stadiums, hills, cemeteries, bridges, playgrounds, jungle gyms, treadmills, free weights, barbells, contraptions, all night sexathons, half marathon months, volleyball, pilates, floor exercises, cartwheels on the beach, running bridges and Im going to learn to surf this summer.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    jiggly fat, sweat marks on my shirt and pants ... need more?
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    mostly running and lifting weights.

p.s. does
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1.25 hrs of strength training + 50 mins of cardio on day 1.
    60 mins of cardio on day 2.
    Rest on day 3.
    Rinse and repeat.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    In a perfect week -

Cardio kickboxing - 2X's a week - they keep it hopping some days it is a lot of bag work - other days it is little bag work and more HIIT bootcamp style exercises

Crossfit - 2X's per week (sometimes 3)

Gym - maybe 3-4 X's a month ($10/month so as long as I go 2-3 times it's worth it to me) - at the gym I might do a little elliptical, some body weight exercises, some resistance training

I LOATHE running...the days that running is in the plan for Crossfit I have been lucky and managed to weasel my way into being able to row instead....one of these days my luck is going to run out
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My work out luk like me only swettier!
    Subtle much?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    monday:push-ups, side lateral raise, dumbbell bench press, tricep extension, dumbbell bent-over rows, alternate hammer curl, hyperextensions, air bike, 20 minutes step aerobics
    tuesday: 40 minutes elliptical
    wednesday: rest
    thursday: jump squats, plie dumbbell squat, cleans, barbell side split squat, leg press or squats, lying leg curls, leg extensions, seated calf raise, 20 minutes cardio
    friday: butt-lifts, push press, deadlifts, barbell rows, bent-arm pullover, barbell good mornings, dumbbell rear lunges, burpees
    saurday: 40 minutes elliptical
    sunday: rest
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most of the time it looks like a Zumba DVD. Other times it's free step, with or without a weighted vest, hiking, resistance bands, calesthenics and dumbells.

And I'm starting c25k tomorrow. I'm signed up to run a 5k with my daughter in June. I haven't run in years and wasn't crazy about it when I did. But it does burn a lot of calories and she was so excited for me to run with her that I couldn't say no. Hopefully this will finally take some of the stubborn fat off my legs, though fighting with 8-10 hours of sitting every weekday is a losing battle I think.
  • Rmoots
    Rmoots Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out Couch to 5K website; Great program to get running! Sign up for a 5K and push towards that goal. I have been much more successful when I have an event I want to do rather than just pushing for the number to keep inching down on the scale.

Running internvals has been great too! Not only for speed but you can add in different inclines for time (ex. 5% incline running at a 4.5 mph for 1 minute) then recover with a walk for a minute. It is alot of fun to partner up with someone and then switch off on choosing internals.

Good Luck to you!
  • dancefloordevil
    dancefloordevil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Monday: Spin Class
    Tuesday: Salsa
    Wednesday: Hip Hop dance class
    Thursday: Latin dance
    Friday: Run or Spin
    Weekend: Usually more Dance

Is there dance or zumba classes in your area? Crazy fun and great workout :smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    lift dem hevy waits and short intense cardio seshions
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Crossramp X 60 minutes X 4 days a week
    Crossramp X 30 minutes + weights X 3 days a week
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I am dying from the typos. If I'm lucky, my eyes will start bleeding and save me from having to endure any more of it...
  • maricruz45
    Options
    Check out Couch to 5K website; Great program to get running! Sign up for a 5K and push towards that goal. I have been much more successful when I have an event I want to do rather than just pushing for the number to keep inching down on the scale.

Running internvals has been great too! Not only for speed but you can add in different inclines for time (ex. 5% incline running at a 4.5 mph for 1 minute) then recover with a walk for a minute. It is alot of fun to partner up with someone and then switch off on choosing internals.

Good Luck to you!

Thanx for the advise im actually looking in to the:"warrior dash" not 5k yet but its a start and for a good cause :)