Oh shnit son, I'm...

Options
...suffering from some serious DOMS and it's not even been 24 hours since I re-incorporated weight-training into my workout routine. Normally this happens at about 48 hours. I'm scared. LOL. I'm in for one heck of a painful night's sleep, that's for sure.

That being said, it's a good kind of pain. And I do like it. Maybe too much. Hmm...

Replies

• oharabears
    Options
    LOL! I know exactly what you're talking about! That feeling that starts a few hours after your workout that lets you just KNOW you're really IN for it later! ; ) Drink lots of water, eat some protein, and laugh when you have the "potty flops"...(y'know...where your quads are so sore you can't lower yourself all the way down to the toilet seat, so you just get as close as you can and FLOP the rest of the way...) Time heals all wounds!
  • gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Advil.

Then hit the weights again after a day off - don't let it get you down. DOMS is the number one reason people stop working out. Nothing like the hyper-generation of cell nucleus repair as a result of protein synthesis! Those torn muscle fibers are inflamed and pressing on the nerves in the muscle fibers causing that pain.

Work through it - it will lessen over time :wink:

Greg
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    LOL! I know exactly what you're talking about! That feeling that starts a few hours after your workout that lets you just KNOW you're really IN for it later! ; ) Drink lots of water, eat some protein, and laugh when you have the "potty flops"...(y'know...where your quads are so sore you can't lower yourself all the way down to the toilet seat, so you just get as close as you can and FLOP the rest of the way...) Time heals all wounds!

Ha ha this made me laugh so hard! It's so true, I will now be adopting the phrase 'potty flops'!
    Brilliant!
    I had them last week after a mega plyo plus kettlebelk combo and could barely roll over in bed!