have you noticed...

Options
Georg
Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
the number of overweight people eating out?! :huh:
Since I've been more seriously caring about my food choices, we haven't been out to eat much. Last night we had dinner at a nice restaurant in the city before a show & I was surprised that almost everyone there was overweight.
Obviously, it wasn't a TV sitcom, but gracious!
Was it always this way & I didn't notice?
:indifferent:
I do remember that one time at the Olive Garden we were waiting for a table & a family came in. Their kids were already drinking Big Gulp-type Slurpees while waiting for dinner! :noway:

Replies

• Georg
    Options
    the number of overweight people eating out?! :huh:
    Since I've been more seriously caring about my food choices, we haven't been out to eat much. Last night we had dinner at a nice restaurant in the city before a show & I was surprised that almost everyone there was overweight.
    Obviously, it wasn't a TV sitcom, but gracious!
    Was it always this way & I didn't notice?
    :indifferent:
    I do remember that one time at the Olive Garden we were waiting for a table & a family came in. Their kids were already drinking Big Gulp-type Slurpees while waiting for dinner! :noway:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    we probably don't remember because we were so selfconsious about ourselves that we weren't looking at other people but now that we don't eat out often and a lot of us are looking hot we look around at other people now! HAHA:laugh:
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    oh man, now I am going to be PARANOID when we eat out. Even though I'm ordering healthier things now. Curses.
  • Georg
    Options
    I used to feel like everyone was thin but me.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have noticed now even though we eat at home alot now. I guess I just didn't notice before b/c I just didn't care.
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I think it might depend where you are eating out? I've actually been watching this, myself, for some time now. I don't think it's eating out that's the evil here, I think it's the choices we tend to make when we do eat out. (don't get me wrong, I know the bad choices are way more numerous than the good choices) I don't eat out much, but I'm still overweight. That's my fault. No one else's LOL.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    My wife has always been very conscious of it. When we were sitting there eating and a really large person would walk by with about 1500 calories of crap on a tray she would squeeze my thigh and say for the 1000th time ""Promise me - - - you'll never let me get like that,,,""

Ya, like I could do something about it. Hehehe,,,
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Didn't you want to get up and go over and talk to them about MFP, and how great it is? I find myself wanting to do that more and more as the weight comes off. I saw this woman in the car next to me in a parking lot yesterday, eating cheese ers out of a box, and severly overweight, and I just wanted to go give her a hug, a computer, and get her logging her calories, and walking. And I had never seen her before in my life.

But if someone had come up to me at my heaviest, and done that, I just woulda cried, you know?
  • Georg
    Options
    Yep.
    Isn't it weird?