Question on Protein Powder and Restless Leg Syndrome

bademasi
bademasi Posts: 180 Member
Ok... My Promasil by Rivalus is what I have been using for the last three weeks. I have had my legs going crazy without realizing that it was the protein powder I was using daily. Caffeine is not good for restless leg syndrome (per Dr Oz show website). Even my prescription didn't help me for this problem. Last night I was miserable. My legs were in pure hell... kicking, twitching etc.

So here is my question... Should I not use a Protein Blend if they all seem to contain caffeine?

12908857.png

Replies

• bademasi
    I want to keep my protein up.... any suggestions from anyone?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    I want to keep my protein up.... any suggestions from anyone?

I gave you the link to the one I use. No caffiene. Ingredients are Pea Protien, natural vanilla flavor, coconut milk, and guar gum
  • bademasi
    NOW Spirulina Powder - Certified Organic 1 lbs CONTAINS NO SOYBEANS (allergic to soybeans) or any suggestions on another kind of vegetable protein?
  • They don't all contain caffeine. The key is reading the labels. The one I use has decaffeinated green tea extract (and is gluten free), and uses stevia as a sweetener. Stevia is low glycemic so it doesn't spike your blood sugar. With no sugar high, there is no sugar low either. It comes in a few flavors too. Another thing that could be the problem is if the protein powder you use is gluten free or not. I'm reading a lot right now about a gluten free diet and from what I understand gluten can aggitate restless leg syndrome. The cocoa bean is naturally caffeinated. So you might have to stick to a vanilla or fruit flavored powder to avoid ALL caffeine. I hope this helps :)

Vanessa
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 378 Member
    Try magnesium. I have heard that it is effective for restless legs as well as asthma.
  • bademasi
    Try magnesium. I have heard that it is effective for restless legs as well as asthma.

I have a Magnesium Oil Spray for my legs that helps. On bad days I also take a Magnesium tablet. But, the caffeine I was not aware of until today. I feel like such a nerd.