When do you buy new clothes?

Options
slparsaca
slparsaca Posts: 59 Member
My pants are getting very loose on me but the next size down is still kind of small. I'm thinking I need to invest in a good belt. What do you do when you are "in between" sizes? How often do you buy new clothes so you have something that fits?

Replies

• Razzama_Taz
    Razzama_Taz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good question,, lol. When u find out let me know cuz i havnt reached that point yet. I'd say just get a belt until u fit into the next size down
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Every month and I'm nowhere near my goal.
    I have my old wardrobe to fit back in but I have bought a couple of dresses in a smaller size as an incentive.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest getting a belt. It gets way too expensive buying new clothes all the time. Or you could just buy some super cheap clothes I guess. Normally I end up keeping my same clothes until I just look a mess when I wear them, then I get new ones. Being a broke college kid I can't go buy new clothes a lot [sadly!]
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I've taken clothes to a tailor for altering if I was in between sizes. It was weird for me, I weigh the same as I did in December, maybe a lb or two difference. Had several pairs of pants taken in and within two months they were too big. I just bought the next size down two weekends ago and they are already getting too big. My workouts have gotten more intense and I can totally see it in my body, but it's hard to not focus on the number on the scale. It hasn't moved...
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I only buy clothes once or twice a year
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I wear leggings and tunics so I don't have to buy clothes too often. Plus, they're inexpensive and much more comfortable.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I am right at that line right now and it is so frustrating! I started using a belt and I didn't like it :ohwell: So I started looking at other brands of jeans and found some that fit really well. However, everyone likes different things.

But the great thing is that they are getting loose. Cheers! :drinker: (with water of course!)

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • monstr0sity
    Options
    I had this problem and still do. I just bought a few basic things once a month or every few months depending on the weather. Buy cheap stuff until you're closer to your goal weight :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I buy new clothes when all my friends are saying - 'your clothes look baggy & terrible, you need new clothes'. LoL. I don't do the in-between thing, I can't afford it.
    Acutally, I keep what pieces I can, even if they are loose and only replace a few at a time because that's all I can afford. I didn't buy new undies for the longest (cause nobody see them but me) but just today I was thinking I really do need to throw away all the old baggy undies & get some new sexier
    If anyone I know is cleaning out their closet, getting rid of stuff, I'm first in line.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    since starting in nov. I had to buy 3 new jeans. EVery 1-2mnths I had to buy a smaller size. went from a tight 14 to a 10. and i'm not stopping there. LOl
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Definitely start with a belt! Depending on how quickly you are losing inches, new clothes can get expensive. I look at the thrift stores if I can so I don't spend a fortune on stuff I'm (hopefully) just going to donate in a couple months anyway.
  • monstr0sity
    Options
    Remember that it will all be worth it!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If it is something I like but can't quite fit I buy it so I can have something to work towards in my closet. As I get into these lower numbers to lose I know I will stay in sizes longer and probably will only change a size or two (currently 12, medium) so some clothes are being bought as "forever" clothes, especially like coats and jackets.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I usually buy new clothes during change of season. Obviously I will pick up stuff here and there but nothing major. I am doing ripped in 30 now, so I am hoping to get some results before I buy new clothes. I teetering towards a size 12. I prob won't be there completely until summer, but I am looking forward to it. I usually wear clothes until its falling to the ground or just doesn't look right anymore.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I bought new pants when I had to punch 2 new holes in my belt. Yes, I use a belt, I bought a really nice ladies black leather belt, I don't tuck my shirts in, so only I know I wear a belt.

I bought new pants when I could take my pants OFF without unbuttoning them.

When I noticed that some shirts weren't so 'snug' in certain areas (arms/shoulders) I bought some new shirts. I do keep in mind that I am still losing weight, so I didn't go all out. I have 2 new jeans, and 2 new shirts. I bought the shirts at Ross, they were less than $10 each.

I used to work at Macy's so when you buy jeans, take at least 3 pairs of the SAME SIZE AND STYLE with you...the same size jeans will all fit differently. So one size 10 may be a tad bigger than another size 10.

Honestly, I will wear clothes until a friend mentions, 'that looks really big on you' :laugh:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    When I'm in between sizes I always wear the bigger size. I recently tried the next size down and was pleasantly surprised that they fit great. Bye, bye baggy pants. :wink:
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I still have some old clothes that I can currently fit into. Just last week I discovered some great pants at my neighborhood goodwill, they were cheap!

I do not want to invest in new clothes when I wont be able to wear that item longer than a month. So thrift stores for me....

If you would have told me 2 months ago that I would buy clothes at a thrift store I would have laughed. Some very good finds....
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I still have some old clothes that I can currently fit into. Just last week I discovered some great pants at my neighborhood goodwill, they were cheap!

I do not want to invest in new clothes when I wont be able to wear that item longer than a month. So thrift stores for me....

If you would have told me 2 months ago that I would buy clothes at a thrift store I would have laughed. Some very good finds....

This, totally! I even have my favorite thrift stores, and find some really cool bargains---check them out, you may be pleasantly surprised..
  • slparsaca
    slparsaca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try the belt idea but have to do something soon because I have plummer butt when I bend over and this morning my youngest said my clothes are looking frumpy...it's all good! :)

Maybe in a couple weeks I'll hit the thrift stores. Really don't want to spend a lot of money right now because I plan on getting smaller
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Its a nice dilemma though isn't it!!

I am actually in the best phase at the moment....all my clothes were getting tight so now they are all really comfortable...a couple of things just starting to look too baggy....but all those other clothes that were at the back of the wardrobe because they were too small are now fitting...so I have too many clothes....but I know it won't be too long when I'll be in the next phase with very little to wear....but I will be very reluctant to buy too much...perhaps a few chain store things to tide me over....my reward for when I get to my goal weight is to have a session with a personal stylist to take me shopping...its been over 20 years since I've been the weight I want to be and I will have no idea how to dress myself smaller and older!!

And I haven't worn a belt in years...but I think it might be a good idea to get a bit more wear out of jeans and trousers...and also the leggings idea...they are still quite fashionable so some cheap leggings with a loose dress over the top could see you through several sizes perhaps.