Met My Final Goal

Options
I have gone from 159lbs, to 140lbs, probably the slimmest I have been since before I had my children. The hardest thing for me has not been the food side of things, because I can be quite self disciplined when I set my mind to it and can cut out the junk. No, the hardest thing was getting off my backside and doing some excercise. I hate excercise! But that is what has really made the difference. A mixture of yoga, elliptical and light jogging has miraculously toned up the back of the thighs. I am a pear shape so will always struggle in this area but amazingly my cellulite has reduced quite a lot (more of a bumpy road now rather than the surface of the moon....lol). I have enjoyed reading everyone else's success stories which have kept me motivated. Hope this does the same for some of you.

Replies

• lovechocolate
    Options
    I have gone from 159lbs, to 140lbs, probably the slimmest I have been since before I had my children. The hardest thing for me has not been the food side of things, because I can be quite self disciplined when I set my mind to it and can cut out the junk. No, the hardest thing was getting off my backside and doing some excercise. I hate excercise! But that is what has really made the difference. A mixture of yoga, elliptical and light jogging has miraculously toned up the back of the thighs. I am a pear shape so will always struggle in this area but amazingly my cellulite has reduced quite a lot (more of a bumpy road now rather than the surface of the moon....lol). I have enjoyed reading everyone else's success stories which have kept me motivated. Hope this does the same for some of you.
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    Well done to you, i have 19lbs more to lose and its slow but im sticking with it, how long did it take you to achieve your goal :smile:
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    Hi there, it took me 4 months, I started just after Xmas and its been steady progress, losing about 4 to 5lbs a month.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself! Now that you have reached your goal, be especially vigilant! Many people find that maintaining loss is as difficult as losing the weight in the first place.

Congrats!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
    Keep up the good work
    I have the opposite problem...I don't mind working out these days, but have trouble with food
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting healthy. I am glad that you have found a program that works for you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thats Awesome!! Great Job!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congratulations!
  • phetzgetfit
    phetzgetfit Posts: 89
    Options
    fantastic. good for you. are you celebrating in some special way?

(ps. exactly what i needed to hear for my own motivation! as i'm 158 now and hope to get to 140)
  • Jenzy
    Jenzy Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations! Inspiring!
  • jaydeangel
    jaydeangel Posts: 31
    Options
    :smile: Congrats to you! I only hope I can have the same success. I'm brand new to the group and I love reading these success stories.

201997.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WooHoo! Gotta love seeing that people reach their goals. It gives me confidence that I'll make it myself.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's terrific!
    :flowerforyou:
    Good job!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats on making your goal!!!
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    Thanks for your supportive comments! I am still going to use the MFP food diary to help me maintain my weight. I didn't do a drastic diet I was just concious of making good choices when I went food shopping e.g. more fresh produce & less processed foods, pies, cakes, cheeses etc.

The good news is that now I've achieved weight loss with a sensible diet, I know I can do it again if I put on a few more pounds. I think its easier in the spring/summer to lose weight because the foods are fresher and you can get out and about more. In the winter I just want to stay in and eat comfort food :devil:

I am going to treat myself to some new clothes and yesterday we bought some lovely ceramic pots and lots of new plants for the garden, including some jasmine and lilac trees :happy:

Its a national holiday in the UK today, so we are off to a country park for a picnic. Cheers! :drinker:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I too am a pear shape and I understand that we will never look like some people even if we lose too much weight. I am don't hate my body the way I did when I was younger. I am accepting that my ankles, knees and hips just are not going to be super skinny even if I am.

Keep us posted on your maintanence. I agree that keeping it off is a challenge as well. It is one of my secret fears...will I put it back on?:noway: " Lifestyle, Lifestyle, Lifestyle!":laugh:
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    If I lose too much weight I look gaunt in the face and chest, but still have big hips and thick legs!! Apparently pear shape is a healthy shape so I don't mind it really.

I read some good advice about how to dress if you have a pear shape.
    - wear darkest colours on your lower half
    - wear wide-lapel tops and big chunky jewellery to draw attention to your upper body and balance it out
    - wear flat-fronted trousers (side zipper) with minimal detail (e.g no bulky pockets or decoration)
    - wear boot cut jeans rather than skinny or flare
    - wear belted tops / jackets to accentuate slim waist
    - never, ever wear short skirts!

This is a really good link to the 12 body shapes and how to dress according to your shape:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-488236/Trinny-Susannah-reveal-12-womens-body-types--you.html
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!