Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

If I already hurt.... God help me tomorrow, Need help.

13»

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    here's another 2 words, I know it's terrible but it's what athletes do to stop the build up of lactic acid...Ice Bath.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Already been said, but be sure to drink water. Personally, I like Arnica Gel for my sore muscles. (After a hot shower and Naproxin Sodium) I think it really does work for the pain. It's also great for bruises!! I buy mine from a health store near me. But, it's also sold on Amazon.

Hate to say it, but just so you're not too surprised...second day pain is often worse. It will get better. Don't give up :-D
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Two Words: Foam Roller.

YES. amen.

And you get one of these where? At a fitness store?
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Two Words: Foam Roller.

YES. amen.

And you get one of these where? At a fitness store?

Yep. My running store has them. Worth their weight in gold. But dig around in your kitchen tonight and find your rolling pin. That will help until you get the one made for sore muscles. They bend. Your rolling pin won't, but it will help.
  • next time have lots of caffeine before and after (coffee drink or tablets will do it). caffeine is proven to prevent DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) - i do kettle bells all the time and drink coffee and rarely suffer from DOMS.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    all i have to say is that no matter how fit you are your first kettlebell experience will damn near kill you, lol.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    I'm sure you will feel better in the morning and it should get better. Just rest up and get plenty of sleep, take some pain relief if you need to. I really think it's work it, I love kettlebell workouts and plan to take it up myself!
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    next time have lots of caffeine before and after (coffee drink or tablets will do it). caffeine is proven to prevent DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) - i do kettle bells all the time and drink coffee and rarely suffer from DOMS.
    thank you I'll try this I know doms trust me
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Ibuprofen
    Stretch the muscles
    Drink some chocolate milk after working out
    Get some extra sleep
    WATER

Best of luck!
  • papa3x
    Thanks,... I did most evrything people advised... now can somebody PLEASE help me up from this chair? LOL, I am laughing, but it is THAT bad.
  • papa3x
    Well, today is here..... it was much worse in the middle of the night when I had to get out of bed to go take my puppy out because she needed to "go"...... Right now the only pain I have is getting up... Walking is OK after a couple of seconds, SO, I guess you folks saved me... :)