Any Longhairs?

Options

Replies

• chaoticxinsane
    Options
    Mine's down to the middle of my bum now. The shortest it's ever been is just above the small of my back. Having long hair is way too ingrained as part of... I don't know, my look? That I will NEVER cut it short. Ever.

I totally envy your thigh-length hair. I also envy your garb. o.o SCA, Renfest?
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Mine is just below my shoulders. Everytime I have it trimmed and tell them not to cut the length, I end up with an inch to inch and a half cut off. It's irritating. When I was younger it was below my bra strap, but no more. I can't seem to grow it any longer than it is now.
  • moffee01
    moffee01 Posts: 68
    Options
    Last week mine was to my butt. This week its chin length :) Every 3 years I get about 20 inches cut off to donate to locks of love. By then it drives me crazy sitting on it , tucking it into my pants and slamming it in car doors LOL. It always feels soooo weird to brush and wash after it gets cut.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine goes past my bra like half way down my back
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    OK I give what does TLHC stand for.
    Mine hair is mid thigh but is very thin.
    I keep it up.
    I am Apostolic and don't cut my hair.
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have extremely curly hair so dry and curly its just below bra length. Pulled straight it goes to the lower back. I can not have short hair unless I want a afro. A really big one.
  • bksanfeliz
    Options
    Mine is down to past my bra line. It was once down to my hips. I had a crazy moment after I had my daughter,lol, and cut it up to my shoulders. I couldn't believe how much I missed my hair ! :) I guess I won't be one of elder people who have the short, permed hair...it's gonna be a long gray braid for me!! LOL.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have longer eyebrow hairs than the ones on my head :bigsmile:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    OK I give what does TLHC stand for.

The Long Hair Community! :Dhttp://forums.longhaircommunity.com/
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    My hair is the longest it has ever been and Im really happy I chose to grow it out. Thick and wavy. It goes mid-breast (maybe past my breast when straight). Before growing it out, it used to always be at my shoulders or shorter.

I would like to grow it to mid back maybe ^^ I love having long hair he
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    mine was waist length but January 1st I cut it to about the top of my bra strap, I never did anything with it except a ponytail and it was so boring. Now it's got shape and layers and it's great!!
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Mine is not straight... But when I straighten it I'm mid back, a little passed my boobs. I love it.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Oh, some fun responses in here.

I have my very valid reservations about Locks of Love, but I don't want to get all huffy about them in this forum. Let's just say I get very vocal when someone says to me "Oh, your hair is beautiful! Why don't you donate it to Locks of Love?"

I'll post a photo soon.

Mine is past my elbows. I have three daughters (and a son). At one time, all of us girls had long hair with the longest being mid thigh. They used to always get told what you quoted. We all HATED that! I'm all for those that wish to donate! I'm also for those that grow their hair because THEY want to KEEP it! I don't think that, just because we have it long, it means we have to give it away.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Wow .. Mid thigh !! That's long .. Really long .... Mine tickles my bumm crack lol .... Sorry if thats TMI :))
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Wow .. Mid thigh !! That's long .. Really long .... Mine tickles my bumm crack lol .... Sorry if thats TMI :))
    Oh I like that!
  • debb1010
    debb1010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My hair is down past my rear end. I too am Apostolic and I dont cut my hair. :happy:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Down to my waist :smile:
  • cfurcsik
    cfurcsik Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello fellow Longhairs! The very tip of my hair hits the back of my knees. It is about medium thickness and wavy. I love my hair. But even if it annoyed me, I would not cut it. I have never cut it, not even trimmed it.

I am Apostolic Pentecostal and I live as close to the teachings of the Bible as possible. In 1 Corinthians 11:15 it talks about long hair being a woman's glory and it is used as a covering to her. This is why Apostolic women have long, uncut hair.

And for those that insist that your hair cannot be healthy unless you trim it, I have very few split ends. I take very good care of my hair, conditioning it every other day, and trying to not use harsh chemicals or repeated curling irons that would promote dryness and breakage, as well as eating a healthy diet. Your hair is dead cells, it grows from the roots. My hair did grow when I was pregnant with all three of my kids, about 2-3 inches per pregnancy. Most likely from the prenatal vitamins.
  • debb1010
    debb1010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked my daughters hair hit the back of her knees as well. Its been awhile, it may have grown further since then!! :smile:
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    Mine is too my waist/top of my pants line. Long, thick, pretty hair is my best asset currently :) I keep it in a pony tail most of the time but my fiance loves it long too. Hopefully I can drop this last 15 lbs or so and have more than just my hair to brag about lol