Short Girls!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and my legs are def my problem area. I am doing my second round of 30ds but need to add something more for legs. I would love to wear cute shorts and flirty skirts this summer...fingers crossed :D

see same problem.. lol i know what you mean.. Jillian Michaels also has a few other dvds i want to try. I got the 30ds. she also has ripped in 30, no more trouble, yoga meltdown, and another one but i cant remember the name. everyone praises those dvds and i cant wait to try them all.

JM has a Butt and Thighs dvd :) I am thinking about getting it bc I had great results from 30ds (posted them last week). I actually lost almost 3 inches in each thigh. I love that workout and want to keep doing it bc I enjoy it but I think her Butt and Thigh dvd added onto it a every other day might give great results.

You have lost 15 lbs (Great Job!) and I bet your legs have improved and look better already :)
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    Hi I am 4'9 and short legs big thighs are one of my better features...lol. Congrats on your weight loss. I think the scissors are one of the best for thighs. If you can in the pool is awesome. Do scissors on floor, bed...watching tv...etc. lay down and criss cross legs!!! gl
    I have been up to 225 and down to 140 years ago. I am 171 now and am aiming for 125.

Love My Fitness pal!

Nancy

thanks nacy for the help. i know my 15 pounds where so easy to lose since starting mfp. and that is a good idea. i am 168 now and want to be 120-125, so we have the same goal. lol
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    Ha well I'm 5"4 and the leg jiggle is being the LAST to go...along with the last bit of stomach (but that seems to be expected). I do Zumba (it's amazingly fun!). It's really high cardio but even if you're not a good dancer you can bring a friend and laugh with each other as you mess up together. Awesome workout :)

i love zumba it is really fun. i think everyone should try it atleast once.
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    I second the squats. Except last time my butt muscle gave me that shooting nerve pain down my butt. I forget what's it's called, extremely painful! But so worth it. Also other lower leg weight lifting tones them up.
  • Wellnessbabe
    Wellnessbabe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I believe it's called sciatic nerve pain.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    who cares where she posted it, dont be so negative its not a nice quality.

well done on the 15lbs. squats and lunges with weights are good. leg press in the gym does good. also running rowing and steppers. im a PT and this is what i tend to do with my clients, doing it correctly gets them results in a fairly short space of time.
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    who cares where she posted it, dont be so negative its not a nice quality.

well done on the 15lbs. squats and lunges with weights are good. leg press in the gym does good. also running rowing and steppers. im a PT and this is what i tend to do with my clients, doing it correctly gets them results in a fairly short space of time.

thank you. I am proud of those pounds.. lol and thanks for the tips. I got a 5lb weight ball ( going to start out small) and do squats). also do you think leg exercises with the resistance tube would help as well.
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    i need to get working on my chunky legs!
  • fiercelittlebird
    fiercelittlebird Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What are 30ds? I've seen a couple people post about it?
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    This board is for SUCCESS STORIES. Find a different board that can help you!

Did you not hear her say she lost 15 pounds???? :huh: then she when on to ask for a little help! smh it's not like you even said that nice with your "caps lock" on.

If you have nothing nice to say just keepp it moving.

Congratulations on your 15lbs lost and keep your head up!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 15 pound loss, that is a SUCCESS story. Keep it up :)

^^^THIS!
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    the bioggest problem is belly fat and legs the other thing .................who cares
  • laurenmdaley
    laurenmdaley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started Jillian's no more trouble zones....let me tell you that woman seriously works your legs in that routine! She does the normal squats and lunges...but the last two circuits i believe are all matt based leg, hip and butt moves. Lots of leg raises, scissors, donkey kicks, fire hydrant kicks, brutal plank moves...but so good! Give that a shot since you already have it!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My all time fave are travelling lunges . . . works wonders on my *kitten* and thighs! Congrats on your loss!
  • carolinenorthrup
    carolinenorthrup Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and I had the same problem. My legs are finally looking slimmer and I'm loving it (I wore shorts in public today for the first time in years!). For my legs, I do pilates workouts geared toward the legs. I started wearing ankle weights while performing the exercises and it sped up results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!