Something I've realized.....

Options
When I started at this site I couldnt believe how much crap I was putting in my body on a regular basis! I have since lost 10 lbs!!! :noway: Yesterday our roomate brought home some of this crazy trail mix. It had white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips,chocolate chips, almond,cashew cranberries and peanuts and all kinds of yummy stuff.. He said you gotta try this. I said to my self "Ive been sooo good all week, I deserve to atleast have a try". Were talking 3 tbsp per serving 170 cals and 9 g of fat! Oh well, so I had some, Big mistake!! All I wanted to do was eat MORE!!! I kept thinking, just a bit more, It wont kill me. I found myself trying to justify eating more crap. (thank god for will power!!) I decided then and there that the best way to tackle this is to quit all the junk cold turkey!! The first week was so easy to get through without all that crap but as soon as I tasted all that yummy stuff I just wanted more!!!! Never again. I will stick to the stuff that is good for me and not touch the junk that gets me in trouble!!! :smile:

Cold turkey is how I quit smoking as well and its been 3 1/2 years since then so I hope this works as well:wink:

Replies

• mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I started at this site I couldnt believe how much crap I was putting in my body on a regular basis! I have since lost 10 lbs!!! :noway: Yesterday our roomate brought home some of this crazy trail mix. It had white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips,chocolate chips, almond,cashew cranberries and peanuts and all kinds of yummy stuff.. He said you gotta try this. I said to my self "Ive been sooo good all week, I deserve to atleast have a try". Were talking 3 tbsp per serving 170 cals and 9 g of fat! Oh well, so I had some, Big mistake!! All I wanted to do was eat MORE!!! I kept thinking, just a bit more, It wont kill me. I found myself trying to justify eating more crap. (thank god for will power!!) I decided then and there that the best way to tackle this is to quit all the junk cold turkey!! The first week was so easy to get through without all that crap but as soon as I tasted all that yummy stuff I just wanted more!!!! Never again. I will stick to the stuff that is good for me and not touch the junk that gets me in trouble!!! :smile:

Cold turkey is how I quit smoking as well and its been 3 1/2 years since then so I hope this works as well:wink:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    THat stuff is so darn good isn't it? Little do we know just how little the serving size is and we get that amount of calories. Yikes.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Congrats with the smoking. That's great. As to the junk, I guess everyone is different. My wife is the same way you are, but i can sit down and eat a handful of M&Ms then walk away. It drives her nuts that I can open a bag of them and fold it up with 1/2 the bag (the single serving bag) left and put it in the cupboard. Course she always sees them and grabs the rest on me. So now I hide them. :laugh: