Help with 5 lbs weight loss/muscle gain

Options
But I also want to gain muscular tone in the process. I am currently 115 and I would like to be 110. I am 5'2'' and I eat around 1,500 per day. I don't want to suddenly lose weight because I know if I cut my calories too dramatically I will just binge and ruin any process that I have made.
So, weight lifting I know will help me tone but what do you guys recommend to help me lose the one area I hate: my belly?! Anyone have a really good routine they follow at the gym that they would like to share

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    1. You can't spot reduce. All you can do is reduce your body fat percentage and hope it comes off the right places.

2. It's almost impossible to gain muscle mass while on a calorie deficit. Strength train while losing to maintain muscle tone but they won't get any bigger unless you switch to a calorie surplus.

3. Some people who are already low body weight but want to shed a few extra stubborn pounds have luck with ketogenic diets. Try lowering your carb for a week or two and see what happens.

4. If you want stomach tone you will need to control your fluid retention, that means eating low sodium, hydrating regularly and ensuring you're getting enough potassium.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Nothing will make you lose just stomach fat.
  • MaggieFit622
    Options
    Yes, I understand that you cannot spot reduce. I meant for those who have had signifigamt decrease in bf percentage, what has helped you achieve that? I want to stay at 110 pounds but I want to lose body fat. I would rather my muscular and have a little curve than be stick thin.