OMG SO GOOD - Apple glazed Vegetable and Edamame Stir Fry

Options
fittiephd
fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/05/apple-glazed-vegetable-edamame-stir-fry.html

I just made this for dinner and it is AMAZING. One of the best stir fry's I have ever had. I subbed stevia for brown sugar and used natural unsweetened applesauce. I used butternut squash, sugar snap peas, green pepper, baby carrots and onion as my veggies. I didn't have old bay so I looked up the spices in old bay and added all the ones I had on hand.

Came out to:
194 cals
36 carbs
3 fat
8 protein

YUM. I had mine with 1/3 cup white rice as well. Easy low cal dinner that's healthy and delicious!!

Makes 2 servings:

4 c diced vegetables (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, celery, onions are what I used. Or try turnips, parsnips, any type of potato, broccoli, boy choy, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, peapods, or any veggie you have on hand)

1/2 c applesauce (or puree an apple, skin and all, in your Vita or food processor)

1/2 c water

1 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (or Mrs. Dash or similar)

3 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)

1/4 c brown sugar (or white, or reduce/omit as desired)

optional: 2 tbsp soy sauce or hoisin sauce

optional: season to your taste preference with garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and others as desired

1/2 c edamame beans, previously cooked

Directions: Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and add the vegetables. Cook, covered on high heat, for about 5 minutes. While they are cooking, combine all remaining ingredients (except edamame) in a bowl and stir. Add mixture to the vegetables and stir to coat. Reduce to medium-low or low heat and allow vegetables to simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until tender. Sauce will reduce and thicken. Add in edamame, stir, and serve.

photo.jpg

MAKE THIS FOR DINNER!!!!

xoxox

7618750.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies