MFP Runner's Club - May 3

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning :flowerforyou:

6 miles for me today. Got to go get started eating all of my exercise calories!

Enjoy the day
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

6 miles for me today. Got to go get started eating all of my exercise calories!

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • tabassan
    tabassan Posts: 4
    Options
    I didn't know there was a "Runner's Club" on here. I ran 8 miles and feel amazing! It's the best way to start the week.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    5 miles. That's the longest distance I have ever run outside and without stopping. I feel amazing!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I didn't know there was a "Runner's Club" on here. I ran 8 miles and feel amazing! It's the best way to start the week.

Hi there Tabassan!

I think we've been posting for a year now. Just a fun group that checks in daily. We post about running, walking, resting, and other workouts that we do. Look for us daily! We'd love to hear what you're up to.:smile:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    5 miles. That's the longest distance I have ever run outside and without stopping. I feel amazing!

Awesome job Pixie Stick!:flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ladies! I have yet to run 5 miles outside, maybe soon.
    I did do another 5k yesterday, it was my second one. I am really sore today, not sure whether I should run or rest, what do you think?
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi Runners!

I'm back from my 10-miler. It was a little soggy out there, but the really heavy stuff didn't start until after I crossed the finish line. My final time was 1:20:40. I was pretty happy with it.

Jess-WTG on your half and new PR! That's awesome! You've worked hard for it!

Tabassan- Welcome and great job on your 8 today. Are you training for anything specific or just running to keep fit?

Hope you all are enjoying what's left of the weekend!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I did do another 5k yesterday, it was my second one. I am really sore today, not sure whether I should run or rest, what do you think?

WTG on your 5k! I'm not a professional or anything, but you might just want to try a nice easy mile today, just to loosen you up a bit.:flowerforyou:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have to go out running later today but havent run in 2 days. I am scared to do it with the kids there. I live next to a high school and I can use their track but I dont know if my kids can handle playing there for a half hour. Will have to brainstorm.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    If you are that sore, I'd do a recovery run (jog/walk) to loosen up and improve the circulation to your muscles, followed by a good stretch.

Five miles for me this morning.

Heather, good job on the 10 miler:drinker: :drinker:
  • pixiestick
    Options

rest, drink loads of water, take a nice walk. :flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    OMG I just got back from running 20 miles! I didn't think I could do it... I'm running a marathon at the end of the month and I've been stressing about it so much. I'm so excited now! Keep running everyone! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hi Runners!

I'm back from my 10-miler. It was a little soggy out there, but the really heavy stuff didn't start until after I crossed the finish line. My final time was 1:20:40. I was pretty happy with it.

Tabassan- Welcome and great job on your 8 today. Are you training for anything specific or just running to keep fit?

Great job Hessied or should I say Speedy. You should be happy with that awesome time.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    OMG I just got back from running 20 miles! I didn't think I could do it... I'm running a marathon at the end of the month and I've been stressing about it so much. I'm so excited now! Keep running everyone! :happy:

Way to go Leash! 20 miles!!! That is amazing. Good job!:drinker:
  • pixiestick
    Options

That is amazing! How long have you been running? 20 miles... wow:noway: :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi Runners!

Thanks!! Nice job on the 10 miler! I felt great after and still feel great today!! I did yoga today and my legs still feel good!! I am really feeling a difference in how I feel from doing yoga twice a week!

No run today, I think I earned a break!

Great job runners! :bigsmile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options

Thanks so much! That was my first time running that far, I've been running consistently since August but I was always running a little bit for volleyball before that.

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad/mad. I'm still out because of my dumb knee. It's not really hurting, but it is? I don't know. Very strange. If it doesn't stop hurting completely in the next two days, I guess I'll go to the doctor.

Very jealous of all of you that are running. :frown: But great job! :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad/mad. I'm still out because of my dumb knee. It's not really hurting, but it is? I don't know. Very strange. If it doesn't stop hurting completely in the next two days, I guess I'll go to the doctor.

Very jealous of all of you that are running. :frown: But great job! :smile:

Where in the knee? Side, front, back?? Hurting only when running, walking?? Send me a message, I had what I thought was knee issues that ended up being severe IT band strain.
  • tabassan
    tabassan Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks so much! That was my first time running that far, I've been running consistently since August but I was always running a little bit for volleyball before that.

I ran my first marathon last September, it is such an incredible experience :) Great job, twenty is definitely the hardest during training, but you made it.