a good tasting protein bar?

Options

Replies

• pjtucker
    pjtucker Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree the Luna bars, they taste the best for protein bars.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Luna bars ( chocolate peppermint stick is my fav),Lara bars,Slim fast bar,Luna protein.Good suggestions here-I'll try them out too.Have you made your own smoothies or protein shakes before?There are also bottles at grocery stores and has stations like Naked or Bolthouse farm smoothies with protein.
  • hikingchick
    Options
    i like pure protein bars, they usually have 16-20g of protein & are lower in sugar. why not go to Ralph's or Stater Bros or your local national chain market and check out their nutrition aisle?? Be sure to go to the nutrition aisle because that's where you'll find single bars of various brands and flavors you can sample. Ralphs & Stater Bros often have them on sale for $0.99 a bar and if you have a 2 for 1 coupon, sometimes they're only $0.50 each! Happy hunting!
  • jedavis824
    Options
    The smaller Supreme Protein bars are my favorite. 190 calories each and tasty! You should go to a Vitamin Shoppe or other similar store and buy a couple different individual bars to try!
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley has a new line of protein/granola bars. The peanut butter/dark chocolate has 10 grams of protein, 190 calories, 12 g fat, 5 g fiber, 6 g sugar. I think they are pretty satisfying when I need to grab something quickly for breakfast or a snack.

i totally agree! I usually don't really like protein bars (I usually can't get past the chalky taste), but the Nature Valley protein bars are really very good. They taste like actual food! I grabbed some on sale - if you find them, they are definitely worth a shot!

Wow, only 6g of sugar that's great. I thought they would have had more sugar. I will have to try these. :smile:
  • ADHar10
    ADHar10 Posts: 18
    Options
    Power Crunch Bars are delicious! I've been eating the chocolate and peanut butter ones. Yum!
  • CindySue73
    Options
    Power Crunch are really good. 14 grams protein, 6 grams sugar, 12 grams fat, about 205 calories, and they taste good. 2-1 bars are bigger and have more calories, but have a great protein/carb ratio and are quite tasty.

I agree! Love these and they are so light, not at all thick or hard to chew like some bars. My fave is the chocolate!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Atkins advantage has a ton of different kinds..I honestly love them and I even throw them in the blender with my protein shakes in the morning and it fills me up for a while and is high in protein..love them & they are affordable
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to gluten, so I'm not sure if they're actually good or I just think they are because I can't have anything else...buuuuuut Think Thin bars are really good and have a lot of protein (20g, I think) and keep me full. I especially like the peanut butter one! Trader Joe's has them.

ETA: And they're sugar free!
    Larabar. They are very good and are gluten free. Not as much protein as ThinkThin, but a good option for a different flavor of bar.

THANKS! I've heard of them but haven't tried yet ... I'll definitely check it out :smile:
  • runningonmargaritas
    runningonmargaritas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Clif bars are the only ones I like. I'm also a fan of Honey Stinger waffles.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I *LOVE* Honey Stinger protein bars (the 10g versions are around 200 calories. A bit high in sugar because of the honey, but SO TASTY!)

I also love Larabars, though they tend to be a bit lower in protein. Luna bars are great, too!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love making protein shakes.....I like Pure Protein....120 calories and 23 grams of protein. Add some strawberries, fat free whip cream, Agava necter.....even some dry sugar free jello. Chill and taste like a good shake. You can also add more protein (dry) or I use maca powder...this makes it taste more like a malt.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I like Oh Yeah - 6x Almond Fudge Brownie bars. They have 190 calories, 18 carbs, 9 fat, 4 sugars, 14 protein.
    I also like Supreme Protein Bar Carb Conscious. I like the Peanut butter crunch and the peanut butter pretzel twist. They are 190 calories and 210 calories and both have 15 grams of protein.
  • deblc6836
    deblc6836 Posts: 59
    Options
    Regarding the Nature Valley Protein bars -- Sam's Club is carrying them where we are now (in VA) -- I think there are 18 in the box for about $9, so pretty inexpensive as protein bars go.
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I especially Love the White Macadmia Nut Cliff Bar. Just a tad over 200 cal. But very Tasty, satisfying and filling. I also like the Atkins Bars. I always check the Nutritional labels carefully. Luck in finding what works for you. So many to choose from. But after all these comments, you will have lots to think about and I'm sure your find some good ones. :)
  • lialuck13
    lialuck13 Posts: 58
    Options
    im looking for something as a snake or breakfast that tastes good! anybody know of a good one. keeping in mind that i dont want a lot of calories. under 200 would be awesome. :) it doesnt have to have a TON of protein but at least 10 grams. thx!

Please don't eat any snakes
  • mb418
    mb418 Posts: 2
    Options
    I really am not sure what they're called, but they are a protein bar sold at most gas-stations and convenience stores in Canada, and they are SO good. They are about 200 calories and the flavors I have seen are cookie dough, chocolate and peanut butter, and fudge.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Luna Bar has a new line called Luna Protein. Pretty good. 190 cals or less. I've tried cookie dough and chocolate peanut butter. Both were pretty good. I think 12 g of protein.

I love the chocolate peanut butter flavor...mmm...but I don't use it as a meal replacement, just as a pre-workout snack.
  • sillylily1960
    sillylily1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I bought a box called Fiber One and I ate the whole box watching a movie one night, needless to say I thought I was going to die that night, I woke up in so much stomach pain.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to gluten, so I'm not sure if they're actually good or I just think they are because I can't have anything else...buuuuuut Think Thin bars are really good and have a lot of protein (20g, I think) and keep me full. I especially like the peanut butter one! Trader Joe's has them.

ETA: And they're sugar free!
    Larabar. They are very good and are gluten free. Not as much protein as ThinkThin, but a good option for a different flavor of bar.

Larabars have all natural ingredients, as well. The "Lemon Bar" I'm looking at has: dates, cashews, almonds, lemon juice concentrate, natural lemon flavor. Gluten free, soy free, dairy free, non-GMO, vegan AND kosher. Can't beat it...except they're not always cheap :huh: