Lunch at McDonald's.....WOW.

Options

Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    There are no good choices at McDonald's - only less bad choices. There's a lot more to eating healthy than the number of calories. Don't sweat it man. Things happen. While you always have a choice, there's no sense in worrying about something that you cannot change. Just don't do it again tomorrow! Keep up the good work.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I order a cheeseburger and a parfait for a total of 460 calories. I love McDonalds, when I lose my ninety pounds I am ordering a Quarter pounder with cheese. If you excercised today don't be so hard on yourself.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If I absolutely had to go into McD's for a meal I would try and avoid things that had words like double, sweet or large in the title.

When I have been out all day for work I stopped off at a supermarket and got a lunch there where there were a lot healthier choices, if I am going to go out of my way so others can go to a fast food place they can go out of their way so I can pick up something healthier.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I. I love McDonalds, when I lose my ninety pounds I

you said it all there!
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    look on that back of the paper they put on the trays, it has all of their foods on it, and you can determine what you'll have based on that! :)
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Let's not even get started on the amount of sodium in EVERYTHING at Mc Donald's.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I like the way you said....tomorrow is a new day! You betcha....nothing like a new day to start over. I never go to McD's...skip a meal instead.
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    My god my god. MY GOD! You get what you pay for lol
  • Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also love McDonald's. Eat there about once or twice a month. My usual used to be the #2...which is 2 cheeseburgers and a medium fries. Now I order one cheeseburger and a bag of fries. This is well with-in my calories for a dinner meal. I decided that this time around I was not going to stop eating my all time favorite food, french fries. And so I still allow myself some fries from time to time. For some reason this thread has made me feel guilty about that, when I know I should not. Heck...last month I worked out extra and saved up some calories so that I could get myself a double cheeseburger meal. And I still lost weight that week. That was the best double cheeseburger I have ever had.

As long as you aren't splurging there every day, you will be just fine. Some days are hectic. It was better to eat then than to wait until 9pm.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? I know there are much better options than whatever you chose.
    Grilled chicken salad is 230 calories, Grilled chicken club is 460 calories. Classic grilled chicken sandwich is 350 calories Both are much more calorie friendly, and top it off with a water, and that's not too bad on calories for a meal.
    I don't mean this badly, but 900 calories sounds like you chose something worse to eat, when you had the option to pick better food. Which is fine. We all have those days, but I wouldn't say you didn't have a choice in it.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    .....but I didn't have a choice. .

nonsense

This.
    I can't even remember the last time I had McDonald's
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    OP if you need a sweet beverage fix with your meal, a medium sugar-free vanilla iced coffee is only 90 calories. A large is just a tiny bit more. Or you can get un-sweet tea for 0 calories and add Splenda. Of course there is also water but I'm not a big fan of plain water myself. LOL That'll help you save on the beverage.
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just thought I would throw in that I worked at McDonalds for 8 months and ate there everyday and lost weight. Seriously. They have salads with fat free low calorie dressing, grilled chicken sandwiches that you can customize with no mayo and can request it to be on a regular bun that has less calories, grilled chicken wraps, apples, yogurt parfaits and diet coke or unsweetened tea.

Just step back from the fries and big macs!
  • mrsgroove
    mrsgroove Posts: 44
    Options
    .....but I didn't have a choice. .

nonsense

Rude and not helpful.Tthough if it makes you feel better to pass judgement, you could just keep it to yourself next time. Better yet as others have done, offer a suggestion that adds to the conversation.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    My lunch today......cost less than $3.50 and was 900 calories. I knew it'd be high.....but I didn't have a choice. Wish they'd post nutritional info. I asked......they didn't have any flyers. :o( Tomorrow is a new day.

Nutritional info is on every package isn't it??? It is here, anyway...and there's flyers with the printed info in a rack by the drinks.

There's also all the info you need on the website to plan and prepare before you go. I do that for EVERY restaurant that I go to...
  • stitchinggirl
    Options
    I did a desperation lunch the other day at A&W. What a dumb move that was! It cost me near to 1000 calories. Needless to say, I was well over my calorie allowance for the day. Nothing is worth that!

It was definitely an eye opener and not something I want to do again any time soon, if ever again!
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My lunch today......cost less than $3.50 and was 900 calories. I knew it'd be high.....but I didn't have a choice. Wish they'd post nutritional info. I asked......they didn't have any flyers. :o( Tomorrow is a new day.

In NY they have the calorie count for each meal posted right under the picture.
    yeah, same here in Seattle.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm sensing the OP was trying to eat off the dollar menu. ;)
    It's so hard to get healthy choices on a budget when eating out.
    I try not to eat there, but I'm in LOVE with McD's walnut and apple oatmeal (no brown sugar). It's about 300 cals. It's only 2 bucks.
    For a full meal, you could add a side salad or simply get 2 oatmeals. <-(that's what I would do!)

For a more savory option, I go for the Classic grilled chicken sandwich, NO mayo or cheese. Ask for a honey mustard and add just a bit of it.
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I didn't read through all the posts, but here at our McD's I grabbed the sheet that goes on the tray, placemat almost?, and it had the nutrition info on the back
  • carwashman06
    Options
    The biggest diet breaker anywhere is drinking any soda or drink with sugar in it. Unsweetened ice tea and a cheeseburger with maybe a couple bags of apple slices is satisfying and under 400 calories. I often have to eat lunches at sit in restaurant and a french dip is always a good choice because it is not loaded with a bunch of mayo or thousand island. The au jus has very little calories. If you have a side salad instead of fries and go light on the dressing, you can get away for under 500 calories. Just gotta pick the right choices.