Appetite

Options
kfareed
kfareed Posts: 21 Member
exercise makes me have MASSIVE appetite. Tried everything, high protein, vinegar, high fiber, oceans of water, stimulant / poison known as caffeine containing pills (works temporarily and as soon as it wears off I rebound eating anything I can see) all failed.
i'm torn, I stop exercising and the massive appetite lags behind. The only way I can curb my appetite is by fasting (nothing by mouth for at least 12 hours day time) but then I read about how wrong it is and all the slowing metabolism business.
I'm tempted to just slow the metabolism and just live with it. those who say < 1200 calories you can't lose weight, how do people in starvation lose weight?
any advise regarding the above situation?
thanks

Replies

• Krivenki1
    Options
    Eat more often. If your body tells you that you are hungry, you should eat. Just eat fruits and veggies. Veggies, especially, have few calories, but are filling. I eat old-fashioned quaker oatmeal (vs. instant) and chobani yogurt for breakfast, and it holds me over for a fair amount of time. :D
  • kfareed
    kfareed Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    try the Fage Greek plain yogurt very very low on calories, ditch the furit business, all protein.
    Thanks for the tip
  • frootbat31
    Options
    If you're doing a lot of exercise, your body is saying it needs those calories- especially if you're doing weights. Muscle demands more calories, but also burns more calories.
    Also remember that weight trainers have to eat 3000+ calories a day just to maintain the muscle they built up.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Are you eating carbs?

I notice the days I limit my carbs most, I am lethargic, hungry constantly and grumpy.

I love organic whole grain breads, Kashi cereals, brown rice, oranges, apples. And I am losing weight.

Don't let anyone tell you carbs are evil. It is just certain types and the amount.

BC
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just posted a topic about this before I saw yours. It's not exactly the same, but it's about post workout hunger.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/518162-post-work-out-hunger