EATING MORE AS IM LOSING LESS! whats going on????

Options
2»

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    "The greater the energy deficit created by exercise, the greater the fat loss. And be careful not to compensate for the energy expended in exercise by eating more food. Otherwise, energy balance won't shift and fat loss will be less significant."

From college textbook - Understanding Nutrition, pg 290-291, Ellie Whitney, Sharon Rady Rolfes.

Notice that the book specifies that the deficit is being created by *exercise*. MFP already has an established deficit before exercise. If she were eating at 'maintenance' I can see where your text would be valid, but she is not.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    you've most likely sped up your metabolism because many only stop losing weight when on a low calorie intake diet
    (body just clings to the weight after a certain point because it is begging for proper nutrition)
    wow.. excuse me..i was totally sleep deprived!! :embarassed:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    do you also find you eat the most the week before your TOTM begins? .. it maybe partly hormonal too and your metabolism will naturally increase on its own in preparation for your monthly cycle as well as in response to any increase in exercise/activity. I'm ravenous the week before mine!!